1969 Imperial progress thread

MF Eaton set himself up really nice for retirement. Why actually run a company when you can just set it up to be flush with cash and wait for the takeover retire with your golden parachute, and never do interviews as you may incriminate yourself.

My Challenger Vin starts with a J its not a j body, if it is the value just went in the toilet.
Also D is after C,1965, and before E, 1970.

I think you're mixing up car line designations with body families/platforms and (model year)series designations.

Your Challenger is a "J" model, just like 1970-1974 Barracudas are "B" models. But they're both built on the "E" body platform, and first appear in the 1970 "F" model year.

Chrysler ran through the alphabet as far V which was 1964 and started over again at "A" with 1965. "B" was 1966 and so on. After they got to "H", I frankly lost interest in that whole alphabet soup nonsense and really haven't paid a whole lot of attention to it since.

I think you're mixing up car line designations with body families/platforms and (model year)series designations.

Your Challenger is a "J" model, just like 1970-1974 Barracudas are "B" models. But they're both built on the "E" body platform, and first appear in the 1970 "F" model year.

Chrysler ran through the alphabet as far V which was 1964 and started over again at "A" with 1965. "B" was 1966 and so on. After they got to "H", I frankly lost interest in that whole alphabet soup nonsense and really haven't paid a whole lot of attention to it since.

Yeah I was giving a semi-smart *** answer to Patrick's Y Vin to D body post. What? No love for a K car lol

Yeah I was giving a semi-smart *** answer to Patrick's Y Vin to D body post. What? No love for a K car lol

K cars were the offspring of ""L" bodies, followed by "E"body LeBaron/600, followed by "H" body LeBaron GTS/Lancer followed by "G" body Daytona and what ever the hell the Chrysler version was called, followed up by "J" body LeBaron coupe/convertible. L,K,G and H went away and Chrysler finished out the 80s with E and J cars. Right up until they stretched the hell out of everything and brought us 3 flavours of FWD "C" bodies.

Firm Feel replied on my request about a pitman arm and an idler arm. They have both, but pricey. $175 for the pitman arm and $275 for the idler arm... And they want a core send in.

Firm Feel replied on my request about a pitman arm and an idler arm. They have both, but pricey. $175 for the pitman arm and $275 for the idler arm... And they want a core send in.

Like I said...they want your cores to rebuild.

I'm working on something unrelated to my car, and I needed to get some rust off. I don't know if you have soaked anything in vinegar yet (I don't really feel like going back through the thread to find out), but here it is. Note the bubbles. That's the acid reacting.
vinegar1.jpgvinegar2.jpg
I'll go back tomorrow, and the rust will be gone, and I'll weld them up.

vinegar1.jpg

vinegar2.jpg

Looks good! I soaked my carb in vinegar for 3 days and it came out pretty good, too! If it would just not be that smelly! ;) I also made awesome results with Metal Rescue. It acts and smell like water and is very fast.

This was in Metal Rescue for ~6h. (It came out dull, so I had to polish it)
Carburetor comparison_14_old.jpg Carburetor comparison_14_new.jpg

Carburetor comparison_14_new.jpg

Carburetor comparison_14_old.jpg

Looks good! I soaked my carb in vinegar for 3 days and it came out pretty good, too! If it would just not be that smelly! ;) I also made awesome results with Metal Rescue. It acts and smell like water and is very fast.

This was in Metal Rescue for ~6h. (It came out dull, so I had to polish it)
View attachment 37791 View attachment 37790

That looks great, I will have to get some and try it

Jep, expensive but probably the best way. My parts are definitely the right ones.
Vodka, you cant get them rebuilt in Germany? Try a truck workshop as i have had great success at them, they do replacement internals on ball joints and knuckles all the time. I had two lower ball joints done once for the princely sum of $20 in Australia and they came back as new.

Vodka I just noticed your avatar. Very cool brother but what is the significance (almost afraid to ask) of the black ribbon?

image.php

That was a sad day for everyone on the planet and those that don't think so should be exterminated.

Back