1969 Polara 500 Vert production numbers

Thanks!!

Now someone has to help me find that polara 500 side trim as that is missing. Plus a new hood but that should be easy.

Once it gets here and I can get the sheet out of it I will post that as I am positive it will have that in it still.

I will be up tomorrow where I store the EV2 if anyone is interested in seeing pics of what she looks like now. Not much different from 2006 when polara71 had pics of it but a little more rust in the rockers, a banged in passenger door from a 4 wheeler (but I snagged an NOS door for it) and not much else different. My biggest thing on that car is I am not sure how far to go in on it as it had rust issues back in the trunk floor area arund the wheelwell housings where they fiberglassed over and it seems to have held up very very well as it shows no signs of cracking or bubbling. I know if I sanded it down some and painted it it would look okay as the matte covers alot of it and it seems to be holding just fine but it is such a rare car I am torn between getting in real deep on a tear it apart and do it right resto or a get it back on the road and have it look nice until you look real close resto?

A high impact, well optioned , 440, low production convertible...... Throw the check book at it. It deserves the best money can buy

The factory put the A01 light package code where the top code should be so I moved it and inserted V3W for white conv top and deleted the extra B7

DM27:
Dodge Polara,Monaco
Medium
Convertible

L9D: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Belvidere, IL, USA

144571: Sequence number

E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
B7: Medium Blue Metallic Exterior Color
M6B: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Blue
B7: Medium Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
A08: Build Date: October 08
102810: Order number

V3W: White Convertible Top
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
C55: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
H11: Heater

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L35: Cornering Lamps
M31: Belt Moldings
P31: Power Windows
P45: Power Deck Lid Release
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

A01: Light Package

Y14: Sold Car
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

Bracket, dash and underhood harness, switch and being a convertible the small bezel

Bracket, dash and underhood harness, switch and being a convertible the small bezel

I know little about these as I don't like it.

Parts book has 2 numbers for the bezel...
2949164 - DK, DT, DH & DM
and
2949165 - DH
Nothing about convertibles?

Alan

Hello everyone,
well I had to set up a new id as I forgot my old one.:BangHead: So I am not completely new to the site just a new Id. I just picked up a new vert as I have a 1970 polara 440 vert that is an original 440 car and original HIC of EV2. It is a project but well worth it and I will get it back on the road once I find a good rust free front stub to stick under it. So if you have one let me know.

But back onto the topic here. I just picked up a 1969 polara 500 vert that is an original 375 horse 440 car. B7 exterior, B7 interior, power buddy seat and the tag is also coded for a B7 top! The car has a white top and I was told by the granddaughter it was the original top and Polara71 (who has been VERY helpful for me on my V2 vert for info) told me he was positive you could not get a blue top in 69. The tag is coded B7 3 times. Anyone have any input on this if it could have been a factory error as it was coded for that and it was not available?

then my other question is does ANYONE have any info as to how many 440 equipped 1969 polara 500 verts could have been made? I can not find it anywhere. I can find it for the 70's but not 69's let alone the 69 500's. Any input would be great. Thanks again!!

There were 573 Polara 500 Convertibles produced in 1969. Approximately 50-57 Covnertibles were built with the L code 440 HP engine. But most likely, the numbers are in fact lower than that.

Nice find, you've got a very cool Dodge.

I may have some NOS moldings, and a few NOS bits, nothing too exciting left over from a restoration. Let me know if you are interested.

I may have some NOS moldings, and a few NOS bits, nothing too exciting left over from a restoration. Let me know if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Yes I might be interested in some stuff. She is loaded on the trailer and making here way here from NC as we speak. Should be later in the week and I will try to get some pics loaded up. She will not look good when it gets here as the top is already torn up and 1200 miles on an open trailer is not going to help!! :frustrated:

Does anyone know if the front fenders and the lower 6 inches or so of the quarters and rockers off a 69 2 door polara would work over on a 70 polara vert? Located some rust free solid pieces but want to make sure they would work as I want all the bondo cut out of my 70 ev2 vert and replaced

Got a parts car for my 2 verts!!

I just picked up this 69 500 as a parts car as I need ALOT of stuff for my two verts and this car should cover just about all I need. I know it is pricey for a parts car but it will all be here then for me to get at. Great pretty much rust free car.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4658647322.html

So I might have some extra stuff once I get it all gutted. I needed:
front frame stub for my 70 vert
lower quarters and rockers for my 70 vert (if they will work on a 70)
dash pad which is perfect for my 70 vert
hood and hinges for my 69 vert
bumpers front and back for my 69 vert
trunk deck for my 69 vert
maybe the doors too as they look real solid on this car for the 69
500 trim both sides for my 69 vert
and 2 of the hubcaps for my 70.
and the tail lights and chrome trim for my 69.

not sure if there will alot left from this one when I am done but if you are in need of something off it let me know.

1969 underside.jpg

original paint car.jpg

frame.jpg

Have a grille and all applicable parts available.

That pictures makes me think its alive .. and just needs a little love to regenerate

Just give what you can ... for just pennies a day you could save this proud warrior and give him back his respect and and let him live a proud life

Only you can help ..

Well I made progress on the blue 69 vert today as it showed up from NC. I will get pictures onto photobucket and then link them here as I too ALOT. But all in all the car was much more solid than I thought it would be (minus the floor pans) the frame rails are all VERY solid not a speck of rust! Fenders SOLID, doors okay but I am going to use the ones one the parts 500 I bought. trunk pretty good with just a few holes by the wheelwell on drivers side. Rear quarters are solid only small amount of rust at bottom of drivers side because of the 500 moulding. All in all I was pleased not as bad as I thought. I knew the floors would be shot with no roof and stored outside so I was ready for that and the whole pan will be cut out of the parts 500 and moved over. Would much rather deal with that than quarter replacement or framerails in the rear!!

This was a one owner car and is original paint still. the motor is #'s matching, trans #'s matching, rad is correct, and the carb is even the original one. Plus it still has the 3.23 sg in the rear so that was a bonus. Power buddy seat frame is all rusted but motor is good.

I located PART of the buildsheet under the seat and it was just wadded up and shoved in there so it was rough since it had gotten wet so much. The ink is RED on the sheet not the normal black. I have not seen that before. I can make out most of the top 3 lines and then it gets rough. I will play jigsaw puzzle with it and try to get it back to a shape I can scan it and post it here but most of what I can see on it I can see on the tag already.

Another cool little thing with this car is a sticker in the window from 1973 that is in spainish from the mexican automobile authority saying it was a tourist car. Anyone know what that might be??

sticker.jpg

Back