1969 Polara 500 Vert production numbers

Got the pics up in photobucket if anyone wants to look. The floors are SCARY but had planned on that. A new floor pan is really all this one would need for rust repair and then a small patch in the trunk on the drivers side well wheel otherwise and a little bid on the passenger door rocker seam on the door. It is actually more solid than I had planned on once I tore it all apart.

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/vette1986/library/1969 Polara 500 vert?sort=3&page=1

Hey Guys I have been working on this blue one to get it going as I have floor pans located to get it fixed back up. I have a question though. The car has some very "odd" things that I have not seen on other 500's and was wondering if anyone had any input on it to help me out. The side hockeystripe moulding on ALL the 69 500's I have seen online and even my parts car 500 is the anodized aluminum and then painted over in black except for the accent high points as they are left aluminum. This blue car is all aluminum NO black on it at all. Most of the pieces are gone on it but it has the two front pieces on each side and then one passenger side piece and they are all aluminum no black.

Was there a special package the owner could have ordered to have it stay "chrome" looking? Then the rims on the car are steelies that where chromed. I had never seen that on a C body before and the family we got it from said that is the way their Grandpa ordered it new. Could that have been a dealer option? I would not think that was something you could get from the factory. Plus I do not see a part # on the rims or a hubcap dimple. Does anyone have any input as it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

chromed rims.jpg

those look like aftermarket chrome reverse wheels from the 70's. they are missing the baby moon hubcaps though. if the car sat outside at length, the paint will disappear from trim.

gtowheel_ChromeRobot.jpg

As said paint probably disappeared over the years. The paint on such aluminum trim is thin and does not stick too well to it. You could deliberately wash it out with a Piece of Cloth and thinner if the o.o. wished to have a chromier look or he polished it away over the years.

Man, I hate to resurrect a 6 month old thread, but I just saw my old 500 posted on this link. (The white one in a few pics)
?Mike from Nebraska found it just 2 days after I posted it on CL. Having only had the car for 2 months, I decided to sell it because I knew it was going to sit for a while before I could've done anything to it...and I ain't a flipper. Winter was coming and didn't want to pay storage fees, and it was cold this year in Chi-town.
The doors, quarters, trim and many other parts where in good shape and it had the original 383. It was going to make a decent donor for the OP's convertible car.
I don't know how many 2 door 69 Polara 500's were built, but I never see them. My original plan when I bought it from Oregon was to build a balls out tire smoker out of it. Oh well my loss, your gain.
Would like to see the progress you have made on the convertible though.

Hello,
I am thinking it must have been a factory error on the tag as the car has a white top on it and she said she is 100% sure her grandfather never put a new top on it but the tag sure looks like it was coded for B7. :eek:s_dancing2:

Sorry to pile on an old thread...

The tag is correct. As Will said, some plants coded the top and bottom color the same on convertibles. STL did the same thing for B body convertibles.

The layout is correct for a '69. The top bottom color coding should read left to right. Convertible tops aren't coded on a 69 C body tag.

Starting in '70, the top color code, vinyl top color or convertible top color, is above the body color.

Carry on.....

Man, I hate to resurrect a 6 month old thread, but I just saw my old 500 posted on this link. (The white one in a few pics)
?Mike from Nebraska found it just 2 days after I posted it on CL. Having only had the car for 2 months, I decided to sell it because I knew it was going to sit for a while before I could've done anything to it...and I ain't a flipper. Winter was coming and didn't want to pay storage fees, and it was cold this year in Chi-town.
The doors, quarters, trim and many other parts where in good shape and it had the original 383. It was going to make a decent donor for the OP's convertible car.
I don't know how many 2 door 69 Polara 500's were built, but I never see them. My original plan when I bought it from Oregon was to build a balls out tire smoker out of it. Oh well my loss, your gain.
Would like to see the progress you have made on the convertible though.

Hey how's it going. It has been going slow with the 69 vert as Dave sold me his 70 white car and I told him I would do that one before the blue one. I do have the white 69 polara 500 still sitting here. I took an alternator off it as I needed it for a car but that is about all I have gotten off so far. I did need the hood and trunk for the blue 69 vert but if you are really wanting it back give me a hollar. Thanks

Finally after a year of looking for a set of floor pans that are usable to get this old blue 69 vert back to a pretty solid car I found some! I would have loved dry SW metal but no one would ever cut one out for me and the shipping to get a car in from that far away kept making it too expensive. But out of the blue at a local car show/swap meet I ran into a guy who's brother had a fury he was taking the engine and trans out of and was going to scrap the car. I asked him how the car was conditionwise on the pans and he said really good. Check out the pics on these pans as these are pretty good for the midwest! Still has almost all the paint left on the front pans. It was an undercoated car so I guess that helped. I finally have some solid metal to transfer over to the 69.

Now comes my questions.
Has anyone cut out a one piece pan and set it into a fusie?
Are there spot welds just everywhere??
Does it make more sense to cut out patches and do it that way?

My floors are pretty rough as you can see in the pics of the vert. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. if anyone sees anything on that fury they need let me know as we can pilage it's carcass. I don't have it home yet but will be soon.

fury.jpg

pans 4.jpg

pans 5.jpg

That show was eventful for you...... Nice floors. You will have the finest fleet of Polaras there is when you're done.

Shoot it was a great show as the friend of the guy that has this fury had a 1970 440 hp complete engine out of a charger that was 1 month off the build date of my v code cuda! And with that engine he had a 1969 093 727 trans we needed for an M code dart my Dad is doing. Got the engine and trans delivered to my house for $1300 so that was a steal.

Then his buddy said he had the fury and I hoped it was solid and it was. Shoot he said he would take $400 for it with engine and trans out and I said let's do it. I have to wait a little while for his brother to get the engine and trans out but shoot I already wait a year looking!!

I cant wait to see you knocking them down..... Im anxious to see the white car get done....obviously

that will be the first one. We settled in on FC7 for it with the black top and black gut. going up next week to get the top off and then she will be ready for the blaster so should have it there in the next couple months. Plan is paint and body over the winter but we will see how it goes.

Back