WANTED 1970/71 CHRYSLER 300 FENDER PARTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindshark13

Reaction score
Contact seller
I NEED THE L BRACKETS THAT BOLT TO THE CONCEALED HEADLIGHT BRACKET FOR EACH FENDER.
ALSO WHATEVER IS REQUIRED TO MOUNT EACH CORNER ASSY TO THE INNER FENDER .
I HAVE A COUPLE OF PICS THAT I TOOK FROM AN OLD AD THAT SHOW THE L BRACKETS BUT THEY DONT SHOW HOW THE CORNER FILLERS MOUNTED SO I WILL ADD A PIC OF THE CORNER FILLER
NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY CALLED
IM IN TAMPA
THANKS FCBO!!

IMG_8695.PNG

IMG_8696.PNG

I still have those fenders. Are you talking about the bracket that is welded to the inner front of the fender? The corner is probably mounted with simple fender clips, or push in plastic screw plugs. I don't have pics of the mounting hardware, but could possibly take a look at the '70 if they are the same.

Ok I would guess they r the same. ( as 70)?
I bought light assys from C Bob over a year ago and he's junked the rest of the car. I don't know if their welded or bolted.
The light Assy seems to line up perfectly with those 2 bolt holes that r stamped in the inner fender.
Of course mine was the fixed headlights so the edge of those assys bolted on the front of the inner fender.
Plus I have no clue how that tripod bolted to the inner fender on those end pieces
Any help would be appreciated

Picked up a stunning 1971 New Yorker about 2 weeks ago....
Hoping to start checking it out soon.
Been sitting for about 9 years so who knows.
The owner did install stainless brake lines before he passed away so at least that was a plus!
I love the color and vinyl top color.
Not sure if it's an Aqua blue or some shade of green?
This thing is loaded ... power EVERYTHING!

Not a fan of the dummy spotlights?
The right rear tire blew as I pulled in the yard. About a 60 mile trip.
!!! I'm glad it waited until I got to the yard to Go

Picked up a stunning 1971 New Yorker about 2 weeks ago....
Hoping to start checking it out soon.
Been sitting for about 9 years so who knows.
The owner did install stainless brake lines before he passed away so at least that was a plus!
I love the color and vinyl top color.
Not sure if it's an Aqua blue or some shade of green?
This thing is loaded ... power EVERYTHING!
Nice car

No that one is too scary original. Going to try to leave it the way it is. Just the 1971 Newport Custom

Hi Bob! That's your bumper sitting there. I hit it with some chrome polish yesterday. It's still looks pretty happy!!!
I can't recall if I sent I the N Yorker pics.
I know I sent u the 1968 A100 van pics.

That's a nice lookin NYer you picked up. Great color. How's the interior?

That view of the 70 is very helpful.
I might be able to use 2 of those mtg holes and drill for the third one and use the j clips . Thanks man.
That would only leave the L brackets.
I wasn't sure whether they were welded or bolted in there.

Didn't I buy that 67 or 68 300 hide a way set up from u? Can't remember?
Not me. I had a '69 setup many years ago, but that went separate ways. Bad weather this weekend, but if I can get to the fenders in the shed I'll take a look at the brackets.

Ok, this is what I have discovered. Those angle brackets are bolted in, but they are not the mounting for the corner pieces. ‘70 and ‘71 grills are structurally the same except the corners are marker lights for ‘70. They mount on the three points of the inner fender with J clips. The third hole may be ther, your pic of the Newport fender does not show that point. The angle brackets are for the headlight bucket for the flip headlights. The buckets sit closer to the center of the grill due to the corner pieces, as opposed to the Newport where the buckets simply mount to the existing inner fenders.

Brackets on the ‘71 fenders:
46580CD9-EBF6-48B8-A816-F2A2F588E3B5.jpeg
8D6120C5-8CC8-4ABA-AF76-979F69D88AA2.jpeg

Close up of the headlight mount on the ‘70:
A4F8CEF7-3588-461E-98AB-BBB86D17D9D0.jpeg

Wide view of the corner and the headlight mounting:

8EFC5364-4C27-4303-8760-D90736C517C4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back