1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

Really impressed with your work, Critter. Tell me, did you power wash the under carriage before you hit it with the Rust Bullet? It looks like it was pretty clean before you did it.

4-5 hrs blastin and vehicle was in the air for easy access...200Degrees + hot water and hold on tight spray blast 1000psi....Hotsy Hotsy Model 680SS Hot Water Pressure Washer
….any grease or dirt on that car is long gone...any lose undercoating long gone along with not lose in areas...then hit it up good with rust bullet cpl weeks later and topped it off with rubberized undercoating...that babys bottom is sealed good as well as a 2k primer coating in car itself...
IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

I totally missed this thread! Glad it got back on track, I just burned through the whole thing. That will make quite the pair. Nice work on... well, pretty much everything.

Hate to bring it up, however now that my headache has subsided, I can't help but wonder how the ultra low mile powerplant made its way into the NYer and why it was never driven after all that work? There has got to be a story there. And sorry if it was asked, I tried skimming through the drama and may have missed something but I don't think so.

1536785146523308402892.jpg
Not sure on story but it came up from washington area and sat outside up here in the cold and snow for 20 years as best l can recollect..it had a donor card....

Cleanin up parts as l rip them off er surgical remove them srry....
Am dealing with A/C hoses and cleaned up small one and it came out nicely....however l tried to blow through it and it was blocked......large one isn't but has black crud or dirt at conection and inside pipe at lip....question is what is it?....can these hoses be flused and cleaned ? Or am l better off getting new ?
Am concerned about crud or dirt in system and screwing up compressor or blocking a part of the system ..
1536784996154-1963025372.jpg

this oem for 70?
IMG_0434.JPG
new insulation and gaskets required...
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0440.JPG

B5 blue...little bit of surface rust will clean up nicely
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
only broke one bolt....
IMG_0447.JPG
what the heck is this and how do you test it????
IMG_0455.JPG

Baby steps...……….

View attachment 212795 Not sure on story but it came up from washington area and sat outside up here in the cold and snow for 20 years as best l can recollect..it had a donor card....

Cleanin up parts as l rip them off er surgical remove them srry....
Am dealing with A/C hoses and cleaned up small one and it came out nicely....however l tried to blow through it and it was blocked......large one isn't but has black crud or dirt at conection and inside pipe at lip....question is what is it?....can these hoses be flused and cleaned ? Or am l better off getting new ?
Am concerned about crud or dirt in system and screwing up compressor or blocking a part of the system ..View attachment 212794
Looks like the compressor has already been killed. You can clean hoses that don't have a muffler on them, and the evaporator... maybe the condenser if it's not a parallel flow type... everything else is a disaster waiting to happen.

Back