For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible 440 TNT eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 92598
View attachment 92595 View attachment 92596
It was general practice for Chrysler to black out the front of the core support on all car lines. The reason was so body color would not distract from the grille appearance. Not all got the treatment though. Jazabelle came off the line with the front of her core support in body color.

Interesting, Scorch is body colour as well for the most part

Day 1 picture
image.jpeg

Interesting, Scorch is body colour as well for the most part

Day 1 picture
View attachment 92600

The black was applied over the red after the car came out of paint.

Scorch ....... ? Is that the name you gave your car ....?
In 69 R6 on a Chrysler was "crimson", on
a Dodge it was "Scorch" and Plymouth was "Bright Red".

My car did not have the original radiator support when I got it. It had been replaced because of a front end collision early in its life. So, I can't tell you if it had been painted black or not.

Even if it had not been black to begin with, I wanted it "blacked out" so the brown would not be visible. It's one of those things that I notice on other cars.... and my OCD would not allow me to do otherwise.

The black was applied over the red after the car came out of paint.

Scorch ....... ? Is that the name you gave your car ....?
In 69 R6 on a Chrysler was "crimson", on
a Dodge it was "Scorch" and Plymouth was "Bright Red".

Ya I know that R6 on a Chrysler is "Crimson" but Scorch seemed to suit it.....im pretty sure it's gonna burn me one day....:)

Last edited:
Ya I know that R6 on a Chrysler is "Bright Red" but Scorch seemed to suit it.....im pretty sure it's gonna burn me one day....:)
You could have just said "that's what they called it in Canada" and everyone would just say "Oh... OK".

Drums at front and no power vents... and ofc no AC.... max 1k$ or parts car :) :) :)
Is that black out behind grille out 300? Or all c-bodies? Have to check mine, because it is 102% original...

[QUOTE="Slantsix,
Is that black out behind grille out 300? Or all c-bodies? Have to check mine, because it is 102% original...[/QUOTE]

ALL Mopars......... And all series. Most were blacked out but a few slid through without. Probably a AFL-CIO thing, break, lunch, not my job, etc.

This car looks worthwhile to me, being a TNT car, but should have an up-close knowledgable inspection underside. In the ebay trunk pic I think I see a hole, just outboard of the pass-side framerail's spotwelds, about 1/2-way up the rear axle kickup. The car has some flaws I'm sure, but it looks solid enough for many years of service, and pretty enough that the average Joe will be wowed by it. Based on the flaws, and the kinda grungy interior, I don't think I'd go more than ~10-12k for it -- higher $$ is for more pristine cars.

And 3 boxes of Champion sparkplugs is in NO WAY any kind of enticement to me.

Driver seat and interior in general looks a little worn for the mileage listed.
It will be interesting to watch.
I agree, interior looks like 125k miles. From my experience, creamy Go-Jo hand cleaner is an excellent cleaner for vinyl like that.

It was general practice for Chrysler to black out the front of the core support on all car lines. The reason was so body color would not distract from the grille appearance. Not all got the treatment though. Jazabelle came off the line with the front of her core support in body color.
Yep, some surely slipped out. If you ever want to get in a hearted discussion, find a nicely-restored car on Moparts that isn't blacked out and ask why - then stand back and watch the fireworks!:drama:

upload_2016-9-11_23-52-34.png

I had some factory diagrams for the spray out of the black that I snagged off the Google.

image.jpeg

Where's Dale?
hey there, I'm here, and I like it, but can't do it. if youi remember this is the one I had an inspector look at and took about 8 photos and charged me way too much for that. I suspect it's changed owners since. I was thinking those origianal photo I sent did put the underneath into question, but I'll have to look again. but the one underneath photo looks pretty good. It's very tempting for sure

hey there, I'm here, and I like it, but can't do it. if youi remember this is the one I had an inspector look at and took about 8 photos and charged me way too much for that. I suspect it's changed owners since. I was thinking those origianal photo I sent did put the underneath into question, but I'll have to look again. but the one underneath photo looks pretty good. It's very tempting for sure
finally found the thread. take a look at these few underneaths and see if you think this guy (flipper?) may have done a some "cleaning" up of the underneath (may be hard to tell I know.)

For Sale - anybody in London, ON that can take a look at a car for me?

and red or not, I did get a bit inspired when i came across this one yesterday via Google.

it has a youtube video with it too. Not sure if this is T7 bronze or not. Also, i know mine looks like its quite a few shades darker as far as matching the original T7.
(Gary is working hard on mine now, and it's much appreciated)
Another small detail, but I really like those earlier wheels with the extended caps. I have another set but they are not perfect.

a photo Gary took of mine a while back....stock wheelcovers kind of grew on me, but nothing beats the look of a Road Wheel to me
CH300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back