1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Identification help!

Awesome pic! He painted it to read it better but every fender tag i have seen ( around 100) has the A12 hurst option code the mystery continues☺

The 300H Pilot cars had VIN's of CM23U0C178250 and 178251. They had Q .... order #'s. The early batch that 501 was built in did not have A12 on the fender tags. I sold some parts to Joe....he was a real personable guy with a heavy east coast accent and was a total Mopar nut. He loved 70 Coronets. When ever he called the shop it always started with....."It's me...Joe from New Joisey " Miss his phone calls. ):

....The early batch that 501 was built in did not have A12 on the fender tags.

The lowest VON I've seen on a 300 Hurst is 99450.
It appears the A12 coding on the tag starts around VIN 200000.

What was coded, when it was coded and even where it was coded on the tag can change throughout the model year.
Answering questions just like this is one reason to take pictures of tags whenever you can.

Hurst_A12_Coding_800.jpg

Why is the fender tag black?

As for the A12, I know this is a subject of debate, but according to Govier it is supposed to be there. My Buddy's 300-H had it.View attachment 118127

Either that was misunderstood or Galen got it wrong (I'm pretty sure he knows better....)

Seemingly whether "all" these cars had "A12" on the fender tag, or the early ones like this example didn't and the later ones did. No doubt there's more to these cars than just the "A12" but that's the mystery. I've asked the question on Facebook and someone will know.

Seemingly whether "all" these cars had "A12" on the fender tag, or the early ones like this example didn't and the later ones did. No doubt there's more to these cars than just the "A12" but that's the mystery. I've asked the question on Facebook and someone will know.

The "mystery" was solved years ago.

Again know what? We just showed that the earlier cars did not code A12 and the later ones did.
Do you believe you'll find better more correct answers on Facebook or here?

Well, my sincere apologies for attempting to help the original poster. Considering there are Marque experts that attend the MCACN car show each November, I thought I'd ask their advice.

I'm sorry trying to assist someone is a problem for you.

No better heads for C bodies than here. . Collectively , the best of the best are here.

I would like like to thank all of you for the help in determining why the A12 code was not stamped on the fender tag. All of you are AWESOME!! Yes we rib each other now and then but outs all in good fun and helps get to the real answers. Thanks again!! On another note , there is a registry for the Hurst and apparently out of 500 cars made so far 250 survived 10 were junked and the rest Mia. I am thinking of starting a detailed registry on these awesome muscle cruisers. Take care my friends☺

I would like like to thank all of you for the help in determining why the A12 code was not stamped on the fender tag. All of you are AWESOME!! Yes we rib each other now and then but outs all in good fun and helps get to the real answers. Thanks again!! On another note , there is a registry for the Hurst and apparently out of 500 cars made so far 250 survived 10 were junked and the rest Mia. I am thinking of starting a detailed registry on these awesome muscle cruisers. Take care my friends☺
Rusty. They're are 2 experts in the world on the 300 Hurst. Both of them are current and long standing members in the Chrysler 300 Club Int. Inc. Dues are $30 per year. Join and you'll learn who those 2 folks are and get your answer, Jer

Thanks Jer I did reach out and Bob is stumped but he will be talking Gloria Moon about it!

Back