1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Identification help!

Ms. Moon is one of the two folkz I spoke of Rusty. I probably know the Bob you speak of too but theirz almost 1000 members world wide and quite ah few Bob's in the group and no doubt I've not met them all. You have to be somewhere deep into a 2 day Haulin' A** Bonzai run from Carlisle. Too bad you're so far from there. Gloria will be there the 2nd weekend of July For Chryslers at Carlisle and sharing her Coorz with everyone she knowz 'til see runs out which most of the faithful under that 300 canopy never seam to, lol. BTW, She iz also the keeper of ALL the registries on ALL the 300 Letter Carz INCLUDING the 300 Hurst. That information iz available ONLY to 300 Club members tho', Jer

Last edited:
Facebook for "advice"?? FACEBOOK??
Not specifically, rather asking my contacts who would the best source of information be as the top experts attend the MCACN show annually.

Galen Mopar was the answer I received.

Facebook generally would throw up lots of !@#$% as you correctly imply.

Glad the gentleman has been assisted by us all.

Galen is a C body idiot ... In saying that anyone that recommends him as the go to expert wouldnt be all that either.

LeBaron......Something to consider......Galen has looked to others within the hobby for information. Some of them may or may not be members on this site. Some of them may or may not have even posted in this thread. So, you may or may not be hearing correct information from an original source before the info even gets to Galen. (I trust that is specific/vague enough to get across my point).

There are other people in the hobby that know a thing or two about Mopars besides Galen. There are people in the hobby that, in some instances, have done more research than Galen has and know more than he does on certain things. There are no experts. All of us learn as time goes on, even Galen.

I've met Galen at the Flings in Van Nuys, CA. C Body man or not, he came by my car and offered me some great tips on showing it, referring to the paperwork I was displaying. I appreciated that; he didn't have to say a thing.

Sit in on his seminars. How many need to know how to identify a Hemi wheel? Those that do already know...
Six Pack stuff? Sure He'll tell you about the date code on the center carb.

He also posted in his books many years about 1970 Monaco convertibles being built for Canada only. :elmer:

When ever he called the shop it always started with....."It's me...Joe from New Joisey " Miss his phone calls. ):
You could always call him. He'll be home.

It's a good day to post a pic of a 'lesser' green C-body with a Hurst.

I met this Hurst owner at a car show, he started a casual 'I yousta have a car like this' conversation and I wasn't listening very carefully as it sounded like another story about the Newport 4door somebody's mom had. After about 10 min of chitchat that strayed away from cars (I quickly figured out he was a cool guy to talk to) we discussed again, and I re-queried on the car. It was a Hurst, 70k-mile survivor, he still owned it -- and he lived 10min from my house. In 15 years of living in that area, never heard any legend of the car's existence before that. So I followed him to his house and we took some pics of the kissin' cousins.

300 & Hurst - front 2.JPG

I presumed from the crime article that he'd be in a federal prison and therefore available for phone calls.
That obit sounds like a totally different guy. Except for the 'entrepreneur' part.

Back