1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Identification help!

morepar

Reaction score
A friend has a 1970 Hurst BUT it does not have the A12 code on the fender tag, everything else is totally correct including the build date. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Would like to know if it is a true Hurst Thanks!!

A picture of the fendertag is what maybe could help..........

Yes! sorry here you go
fender tag 300 hurst.jpg

A friend has a 1970 Hurst BUT it does not have the A12 code on the fender tag, everything else is totally correct including the build date. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Would like to know if it is a true Hurst Thanks!!
Check the SPD, paint codes, and interior codes; they are all the same including the first two digits of the VON. All 300/H did not have the A12 package code on the tag.

Last edited:
whats SPD? evrything else is a match and correct for Hurst EW1 paint codes and 125 build date

whats SPD? evrything else is a match and correct for Hurst EW1 paint codes and 125 build date
1/25 scheduled production date SPD

Check the cars body numbers against the fender tag. They need to match.

1/25 scheduled production date SPD

Check the cars body numbers against the fender tag. They need to match.
they all match vin and everything , the drivers door has a date of 3/20 i think but thats common all hurst were given a 1/25 build date and they were built throughout the year

I googled 6 fendertags of 300 hurst car and the last numbers in the lower row are all between 225564 and 232866.
Your friend car number is much lower........??!! (196838)

I googled 6 fendertags of 300 hurst car and the last numbers in the lower row are all between 225564 and 232866.
Your friend car number is much lower........??!! (196838)
I Know also the J99 is 501 really low

Okay , maybe other hurst owners can help..........

That's the Joe Stentella FBI auction car, isn't it? Did your friend buy it or is it still for sale with the other two projects?

That's the Joe Stentella FBI auction car, isn't it? Did your friend buy it or is it still for sale with the other two projects?
That's definatly the same tag in the other two threads about the trio of Hursts being sold.
Hey John, what's the back story on the Joe Stentella FBI auction? Was this a criminal case of some sort?

That's definatly the same tag in the other two threads about the trio of Hursts being sold.
Hey John, what's the back story on the Joe Stentella FBI auction? Was this a criminal case of some sort?
I don't know the details of the auction. Someone else might be able to fill in those blanks. Stentella got busted running for a big dollar online gambling ring. They confiscated a bunch of his cars and auctioned them off. Multi-million dollar gambling ring busted

Last edited:
Didn't they all have a bent decklid to some degree - the constant spring force against the fully fiberglass structure didn't resist twisting well?
I think the only ones that aren't twisted are ones that were fixed. Are those all fiberglass? I thought they had the steel inner frame like the hood.

Why is the fender tag black?

As for the A12, I know this is a subject of debate, but according to Govier it is supposed to be there. My Buddy's 300-H had it.
IMG_6014.JPG

Back