1970 Chrysler 440 HP color?

You mean a lot of work, everything needs to be done . It is a good starting point

Can't see it. 69 - 71 440 HP's were Hemi Orange. Find it a real stretch that they culled out the ones going into a chrysler and them painting it another orange....
Convince me with data. Until then....

TNT, Super Commando, Magnum, all the same, just different pie tins.

QUOTE]
Looks like your right about that Stan.
There is a second Orange, P4120751 (race hemi orange), that was used on the 413 & 426 max wedge engines and on the race hemis of 64 & 65, then discontinued.

All Orange HP engines from 66 on were hemi orange. # P4349216

BINGO.
Even most Mopar guys don't know there are two Hemi Oranges. Specifically, the earlier one is called Race H.O. and the latter Street H.O. They ea. have their own part number.
And FWIW, the Mopar Orange rattle cans you see in the auto parts store is so far off, they cost you points in judging at the big meets.

< Sent from my tablet >

BINGO.
Even most Mopar guys don't know there are two Hemi Oranges. Specifically, the earlier one is called Race H.O. and the latter Street H.O. They ea. have their own part number.
And FWIW, the Mopar Orange rattle cans you see in the auto parts store is so far off, they cost you points in judging at the big meets.

< Sent from my tablet >

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-ceramic-engine-paint-quart-hemi-ornge.html

p38241.jpg

p38240.jpg

When I painted the engine on my Coupe I used POR15 engine paint...I ordered Chrysler Blue and it looked great, but after running the engine a few times it now looks like Chrysler Turquoise on the valve covers. It worked fine on the T&C when I did that car....I guess I got a bad batch. Really ticks me off when people say I painted the engine the wrong colour, when I know I didn't.

The boys at AAP said they had the exact match for Chrysler Blue engine paint. I painted my water pump and it looked like an exact match for Ford Blue.

Back