NOT MINE 1970 Dodge Polara Coupe - $750 - Chattaroy, Washington

upload_2021-4-21_11-33-47.jpeg
upload_2021-4-21_11-34-43.jpeg
upload_2021-4-21_11-34-11.jpeg
upload_2021-4-21_11-35-7.jpeg
upload_2021-4-21_11-35-40.jpeg

So what are your thoughts about DL23L0D192003 -- solid enough?

I have my concerns, Drivers quarter looked rough, think they are of any use? At this point my body guy has fabricated what he needs for the trunk. My doors and fenders are becoming issues so I am getting more pictures of those from this car. Also my bumpers are pitted and these look cleaner than mine. All in all I would be a little over $2K into the car. Not sure if the would be anything left that is desirable to others to mitigate the cost. I'm not really interested in the side moldings. Trunk floor looks pretty good so that might be of value. Not sure if the roof is in good enough condition for someone who was interested in it.

Well it looks like this car will be making it out to the east coast to help a couple of other cars (at least). Tow truck company just got the car out of the mud today and said all is pretty solid about the car regarding the metal. Transport company should pick it up next week and then the following week it should be here in NY. Thanks to all that helped, offered to help and added advice. Special thanks to Polara 71, Ayilar, 71Polara383 and C-barge for talking through a lot of this. If I missed anyone I apologize.

Donor Loaded up.jpg

Donor car loaded 2.jpg

Car has been waiting for one of us for YEARS.

Glad it worked out!

It went to the right guy. I'm glad I didn't have to go up though the seller was a guy I would like to have coffee with. Full of stories and a good teller.

It went to the right guy. I'm glad I didn't have to go up though the seller was a guy I would like to have coffee with. Full of stories and a good teller.
Thanks. Lots of that car ending up on mine. C-barge has dibs on lots of the remaining parts. I am in for trunk lid, bumpers, doors probably, fenders maybe, hood maybe, wheel wells. Then on the inside some pieces off the dash.

Update - the travel to the east coast for this car had stalled for awhile because my original contact that was helping me with the car didn't get it into rolling condition after picking it up over 3 weeks ago. A special thanks to polara71 for driving 20 hours round trip yesterday. He freed the wheels and brought it back to his place so now I can arrange transport to east coast. A real special thanks.

Update - the travel to the east coast for this car had stalled for awhile because my original contact that was helping me with the car didn't get it into rolling condition after picking it up over 3 weeks ago. A special thanks to polara71 for driving 20 hours round trip yesterday. He freed the wheels and brought it back to his place so now I can arrange transport to east coast. A real special thanks.

What a place, trailer park central. We've all heard the term white trash. Many can't help being poor, no reason to live like a slob. These people personified the term. Nice enough, but Jesus H Christ, you gotta collect everything and put it in your yard? wtf?

Paul, I'm really happy it all worked out as well as it did. I certainly wish we kept the kid out of it. Looking back it was certainly the best option at the time but it cost you in the long run . I hope someone can use your grief as a lesson learned.
FYI you were right, the E brake was applied when I got there. Didn't matter, three of the four wheels wouldn't spin. I had to remove the pads and hardware from three of the four wheels. Put air in all four tires, three were flat. Install the hood as it was next to the garage.
I obviously couldn't push the car onto the trailer myself, too poor to have my own trailer let alone a winch. I blocked and chocked the trailer and pulled the car onto the trailer with the truck.

20210529_163233.jpg

Idaho and Montana roads are beautiful but long.

Good job Dave! :thumbsup: Now would you like to comment on the difference between a 20 hour round trip out West compared to in the Northeast?

Good job Dave! :thumbsup: Now would you like to comment on the difference between a 20 hour round trip out West compared to in the Northeast?

Sure, 20 hours round trip in the East is going to the mall 9 miles away.
In the West you can drive 20 hours round trip put over 1000 stress free miles behind you and wander the roads in awe from the Geography.

What a place, trailer park central. We've all heard the term white trash. Many can't help being poor, no reason to live like a slob. These people personified the term. Nice enough, but Jesus H Christ, you gotta collect everything and put it in your yard? wtf?

Paul, I'm really happy it all worked out as well as it did. I certainly wish we kept the kid out of it. Looking back it was certainly the best option at the time but it cost you in the long run . I hope someone can use your grief as a lesson learned.
FYI you were right, the E brake was applied when I got there. Didn't matter, three of the four wheels wouldn't spin. I had to remove the pads and hardware from three of the four wheels. Put air in all four tires, three were flat. Install the hood as it was next to the garage.
I obviously couldn't push the car onto the trailer myself, too poor to have my own trailer let alone a winch. I blocked and chocked the trailer and pulled the car onto the trailer with the truck.

View attachment 463072

Idaho and Montana roads are beautiful but long.
I thought I could avoid making someone do the drive that you just did. Glad I found a stand up east coast guy living out west that will do what he says he will do. lol

Back