1970 Fury GT found in Amarillo, TX.

Yeah, I live in California also and can collaborate what was said by saforwardlook - only a fool/racist would categorize/stereotype a group of people so badly and undeservedly. Most simply want to share in the so-called American Dream - wherever they try to cross the border, and are willing to go to great lengths to attain it and try to improve their family's lot in life. How can you fault anyone for trying to do that? - We are 'guilty' of doing the same for our children - only instead of having to try to get them across some arbitrary border we simply have to try to get them into a good college. Yeah, there are some bad ones coming in too, probably, but there are a lot of bad white dudes out there too. Where is anyone trying to build walls around them? Come on, let's be fair, and not fall for that politically expedient and racist #$%! [Sorry the injustice of it all really yanks my chain]

On second thought, I like bajajoaquin's response better - I stand corrected - California is truly a miserable, terrible place to be right now - the crime and rapes are all happening right out in plain daylight and no one is safe on the street. You should avoid it at all costs! Besides, the place is already too crowded.

I lived in Detroit for 2 1/2 years and that was enough. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to give up half their life to live in miserable cold weather that leads to rusty cars? I hated the East coast.

Yeah, I hear of all the mexicans over running this place and all the killings and rapes, etc. but never ever see anything like that here. I suppose there are some bad areas, but not much in Southern California. We generally don't have racial tensions here either. We just all get along fine, at least in the area I live in which is not all that wealthy - it is like the U.S. in the 60s with quiet communities, older houses and neighbors that look after each other, and very quiet.

And the kids of the mexicans I know are usually better behaved and more capable than the entitled youth of the wealthier white people. You should stop believing all the crap that Fox News/Trump would have you believe. They have an agenda, and too many fall for it. But stay on the East Coast if you like it, as our traffic is our worst aspect because too many people want to live here.

The Japanese have a saying that goes something like: if you want to know what is really going on, go and see.

Photos taken in January, 2018, which has been a colder, wetter than usual winter.

View attachment 178052 View attachment 178053

Yeah, I live in California also and can collaborate what was said by saforwardlook - only a fool/racist would categorize/stereotype a group of people so badly and undeservedly. Most simply want to share in the so-called American Dream - wherever they try to cross the border, and are willing to go to great lengths to attain it and try to improve their family's lot in life. How can you fault anyone for trying to do that? - We are 'guilty' of doing the same for our children - only instead of having to try to get them across some arbitrary border we simply have to try to get them into a good college. Yeah, there are some bad ones coming in too, probably, but there are a lot of bad white dudes out there too. Where is anyone trying to build walls around them? Come on, let's be fair, and not fall for that politically expedient and racist #$%! [Sorry the injustice of it all really yanks my chain]

Just to be perfectly clear, I made my post with tong firmly in cheek in a sad attempt to poke fun at our current leader's obsession with the boarder. The legendary traffic is enough to keep me away! Carry on!
:steering:

So back on topic... Who else here has a FK3 Burnt Orange Irid color Fury GT? I’m guessing there are more FK5 Deep Burnt Orange GT’s, but who knows. If anyone has a picture of a confirmed FK3 car, please post it. I really wish the previous owner hadn’t repainted mine the rose color it is currently.

there are a lot of bad white dudes out there too. Where is anyone trying to build walls around them? [Sorry the injustice of it all really yanks my chain]
we have for a couple of centuries, they’re called prisons.

Last edited:
So back on topic... Who else here has a FK3 Burnt Orange Irid color Fury GT? I’m guessing there are more FK5 Deep Burnt Orange GT’s, but who knows. If anyone has a picture of a confirmed FK3 car, please post it. I really wish the previous owner hadn’t repainted mine the rose color it is currently.
There was a beautifully restored one at Carlisle several years ago.

On second thought, I like bajajoaquin's response better - I stand corrected - California is truly a miserable, terrible place to be right now - the crime and rapes are all happening right out in plain daylight and no one is safe on the street. You should avoid it at all costs! Besides, the place is already too crowded.

Weather sucks too. Bad food.

I love the mountain view in your pic's, that's what it's like looking out your back door?
When living in Detroit, the weather was my first difficulty and number 2 was never seeing anything but pretty much flat land.
I never tire of those mountains. Enchanting best describes them, as every day they appear a little different.

And seeing the progress on the Sport Fury that is the subject of this thread reminds me I need to get back to work on my burnt orange 1970 Monaco with matching color bucket seats/console and the same 440 powerplant as your Sport Fury. Great to see it coming along and that you are enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I lived in Detroit for 2 1/2 years and that was enough. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to give up half their life to live in miserable cold weather that leads to rusty cars? I hated the East coast.

Yeah, I hear of all the mexicans over running this place and all the killings and rapes, etc. but never ever see anything like that here. I suppose there are some bad areas, but not much in Southern California. We generally don't have racial tensions here either. We just all get along fine, at least in the area I live in which is not all that wealthy - it is like the U.S. in the 60s with quaint communities, older houses and neighbors that look after each other, and very quiet.

And the kids of the mexicans I know are usually better behaved and more capable than the entitled youth of the wealthier white people. You should stop believing all the crap that Fox News/Trump would have you believe. They have an agenda, and too many fall for it. But stay on the East Coast if you like it, as our traffic is our worst aspect because too many people want to live here.

The Japanese have a saying that goes something like: if you want to know what is really going on, go and see.

Photos taken in January, 2018, which has been a colder, wetter than usual winter.

View attachment 178052 View attachment 178053
Beautiful property Steve ...

Well known fact that due to no anti-gang legislation in New Mexico, California's 3 strike gang members that are in they're 40's and have known nothing other than prison life are getting released and migrating to New Mexico.

Glad to see Florida is climbing up in the ranks, just under Texas & Illinois. Way to go!

Enjoyed a night out to the Bob’s Big Boy car show in Burbank with my family yesterday. Car ran great. The only issue I had was totally my fault. When I went to press the emergency brake pedal, I ended up catching the fresh air vent lever and snapped it off at the mount. Doh!!! Anyone have an extra around they could spare?

1BAACC5E-BDCF-42A5-8C8B-89CF5052E3A0.jpeg

Glad to see Florida is climbing up in the ranks, just under Texas & Illinois. Way to go!
We're getting there even in FuBu County.
90% of the County is on entitlements, either SSI, welfare, or sucking on the teat of the Medicare payout cash cow.
I've been here only 12 years now and I'm already thinking I didn't go rural enough!

Snapped the plastic and the cable broke too. If anyone here has one they can sell me, give me a call at 313-515-4770 or text me. Thanks.

2F8B35E1-2944-4091-86A6-C8935C238327.jpeg

Dang, I can just imagine the bottom dropping out of your stomach when you realized what happened...I'll keep an eye out for those parts when yarding. Great photo with your boy!

Back