For Sale 1970 Imperial Coupé - White buckets - NICE !!! eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey C-PPL's!

I really, really like this one.. (except for the damn compas, and the Cooper Cobra's..!), and would love to restore the seats. These seats has always been my favorite! I also like what he did with the wheels!

EDIT - OUPS - Forgot the LINK

Seller writes:
Here is a really nice 1970 Imperial two door coupe. I bought her about two years ago from the Estate of a 91 year old man who owned it since 1972. Oil Change sticker in door sill from 1983 has written on it 38,000 miles,now shows 55,700 currently. Car runs and drives nice! He had it professionally painted a few years ago Including having the Front and Rear Bumpers Pro Re chromed (big money spent on all of this). It had an OEM metal sail panel installed in the lower vinyl roof area (water collects there on nearly all C-body cars),also a small silver dollar sized metal patch on drivers side lower rear quarter. In addition it had (very hard to find) an OEM lower quarter panel installed on rear passenger side due to a dented up behind the rear wheel lower area (not rust).. This is a very solid car,the old man decided to undercoat the entire underside then as well.but rest assured she is solid! Inside trunk/floor pan no rust holes (can send more pics on request). Drive line All numbers matching,I had the Transmission completely rebuilt with Heavy Duty New Torque Converter e.t.c. this due to the car sitting for many years.Rebuilt Factory Holley Carb. New exhaust manifold & valve cover gaskets.Fresh brakes front to back,New master cyl. New complete Custom Dual exhaust with nice sounding turbo mufflers (not to loud). Fresh expensive one of a kind powder coated to match rally wheels, and new tires- to look similar to the Chrysler 300 cars. 1970 is the last year before the Factory horse power drops off due to emission standards, and is this car difficult/rare to find? Do Hens have teeth LOL? Side NOTE-- There is a nice yellow 1972 two door Imperial listed here now on E-bay from Germany, he has a Buy it now price well into the $30,000+ and worth every penny! {What I can tell you is my reserve price is much lower than his.} Whose car is nicer for the price? Well I will let you as the buyer decide the answer to that one. Feel free to E-mail me for any questions. -$1000 Deposit Due with in 24 hours of Auction close-Thanks, Jed Depuydt. Please feel free to call me in person if you wish Phone# no text. 612-226 0528

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
ahhhhh, no thanks.

Colour isn't mine but that is personal taste

Despite that: horrible wheels and exhaust

What I hate: fresh paint/undercoating over old undercoating and worn out chassis rubber parts

Well Carsten, the color isn't my preferred choice either, but these days, you have to take what you can get. Brown has never been my favorite, but I noticed, that a vehicle as majestically designed as the Imperial, can get away with almost any color. I would GLADLY buy / drive / love one, that was "Tawny Gold", after I saw it on a 1972 Imperial!

"Horrible wheels..? I'd probably go with "not the correct for this car", but it sure as hell beats pretty much ANY other wheel option, other than stock in my opinion.

I mean, if you absolutely HAVE to screw around with the wheels, this is probably the least horrible I could imagine.

Apart from that, we agree.. (depending on HOW worn the old paint was...), but the undercoating part sucks !

;-)

The color keyed wheels ruin the look. Easy enough to fix but still.....

1970 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron | eBay

in case its difficult to locate ... :)

love/hate wheels are fine with me. his car/his money. creatively done and easily changed as others have pointed out. neat use of the eagles in the centers to match fenders.

00-1-2-3.jpg
00-1-2-2.jpg

Last edited:
This one just doesn't do it for me, it's not suposed to be a muscle car.

That car is nothing but a shiny paint job on what would have been an extremely desirable model.
Garbage scow. Just one cheap, amateur fix after another. Amazes me how you guys are swayed by FM lipstick.

amanda-lepore-ppcorn1-1520x1000.jpg

Last edited:
BTW. I just discovered that this Imp is located just one hour south of Lichfield, where I bought the blue 69 Imp..

I wonder if these two cars ever met, (like ships in the night..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back