1970 Plymouth Sport Fury V10 Swap Build Thread

another vote for the cross wire wheels....they very cool, they seem to go with the lines of the car IMHO and most importantly to me, you will not see another car with them on...different is good:thumbsup:

Got my fuel pump, filter and regular mounted.

77D98C81-5C84-4565-8C11-B6FA523718AB.jpeg

I got the fuel system done and got the engine started. I made my first YouTube video for you guys. Super happy about the engine running.

Got the fuel tank mounted and going to start plumbing and wiring the new fuel system.

switching gears for a minute what do you guys think about these appliance cross wire wheels? I know they are period correct because they came out in the early 70’s. I have had them sitting out behind my garage for 10 years and forgot about them. I love the road wheels but I want to run 255 to 275 tires on the back so need something wider. I placed a set of slots on it but I didn’t care for them as much as these.

View attachment 487695

View attachment 487696
A local speed shop used to carry those Appliance wheels and I remember those wheels not being strong sellers.

The basement flooded there once, and when the owner found out the insurance would cover lost stock.... Well, lets just say a lot of left over van seats and accessories went "swimming". A bunch of those wheels went in too.

A local speed shop used to carry those Appliance wheels and I remember those wheels not being strong sellers.

The basement flooded there once, and when the owner found out the insurance would cover lost stock.... Well, lets just say a lot of left over van seats and accessories went "swimming". A bunch of those wheels went in too.
I knew of a NAPA retailer who lost 2 stores to fire... separated by a decade, they both resulted in brand new, much improved buildings and all new inventories.

Haven’t had any time lately to work on the fury but I was cleaning up some wiring on the car and found what I thought was black tape stuck to the inner fender. I looked closer and found it was an old label. It states “Tuned 22/3/71 14592” I like finding little things like that.

67F52742-97B8-42BB-BC76-67576E880D30.jpeg

Anybody have the correct part number for RH wheel studs for the disk brakes? I'm going to convert the driver side.

Does anyone need the cruise control vacuum module, cables and wiring. I will not be using it.

I haven't got much done lately. I'm trying to get the farm ready for winter.

I did get my brake pads, shoes, hoses, and a new master cylinder so I hope to be able to get the brake work done this week. Oh I did also convert the driver side left hand studs to right hand.

I will post some more pics this week.

Back