For Sale 1970 Polara Vert 318 2 barrel on craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
homecomeing 009.JPG
my 318 in the 70 was covered in oil and dirt from stem to stern...no one ever tightened down the valve covers or gaskets were old....engine runs like a top...just because were old and dirty dosnt mean we don't work.....

My Other Polara had a 318/727 with Sure-Grip, when I go it I thought the 318 didn't have a chance, it was surprisingly nimble.

Alan

My Other Polara had a 318/727 with Sure-Grip, when I go it I thought the 318 didn't have a chance, it was surprisingly nimble.

Alan
The 318 in my Polara is no road warrior but will hold it's own in traffic. Nothing lacking when accelerating to merge on the highway. It won't raise a sweat running at 75 all day on the highway. Limited power relative to a BB means you need to exercise appropriate judgement and driving skill particularly when passing on a two lane road.

The 318 in my Polara is no road warrior but will hold it's own in traffic. Nothing lacking when accelerating to merge on the highway. It won't raise a sweat running at 75 all day on the highway. Limited power relative to a BB means you need to exercise appropriate judgement and driving skill particularly when passing on a two lane road.
Don't get me wrong, I love my 440 but with that 318 I could pop out and pass on a grade. Now with a trunk full of luggage and four adults it might be a different story.

Alan

find with my 318 lm in no rush to get anywhere....l just cruise along with a grin on my ugly mug....life is good

Agreed on all counts. As you know, I bought the car in the ad linked to in the first post. Happy to report that, after some fettling (e.g., changing the tank and fuel system, rebuilding the carb and radiator, replacing the water pump, setting the distributor right), it runs well. More details in this thread:

For Sale - 1970 Polara convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back