1970 Seat Foam

OK, thanks! I was hoping that Legendary also made the back seat covers too but it looks like they have discontinued making them but I do see they still make back seat covers for the 71s......................go figure.
The car came with a rear set also, was not aware they did not make them anymore. Thanks

The car came with a rear set also, was not aware they did not make them anymore. Thanks
I will try and bug them about doing them again - can't hurt to try. It really isn't easy to make 50 year old rear seats look new again without remaking them. Thanks for confirming that I wasn't remembering incorrectly.

Picked the seats up today, look great. Used this foam = 1840-ST68 Mopar 1968-69 A,B,C-body Seat Foams He said 85% of it worked had to cut a little out and add a little. I used new re pop seat buttons for 1964 Impalas. Which are pretty close to the originals.

View attachment 567973View attachment 567974View attachment 567975

Those look great! My black covers of the same style from legendary have been in their box for five years now. While I still have all of the original buttons, I can't decide if I should install or delete them. It seems like a shame to poke holes in such nice, new covers. I'm torn!

OK, thanks! I was hoping that Legendary also made the back seat covers too but it looks like they have discontinued making them but I do see they still make back seat covers for the 71s......................go figure.

Never trust their online website, they just have too many products. Always best to call, they could still have some, or if they get enough calls regarding a certain product, perhaps it could reappear? I didn't even realize they had those.

Those look great! My black covers of the same style from legendary have been in their box for five years now. While I still have all of the original buttons, I can't decide if I should install or delete them. It seems like a shame to poke holes in such nice, new covers. I'm torn!

Never trust their online website, they just have too many products. Always best to call, they could still have some, or if they get enough calls regarding a certain product, perhaps it could reappear? I didn't even realize they had those.
I called them twice and spoke to two different ordering guys. Neither one said there was any likelihood of them ever being reproduced again. At the present time, any usual order of interior products, vinyl roofs, etc has a wait time of 8 months, so getting them to produce something discontinued was not in the cards they said. But when things become more normal when the world settles down for a change maybe I will try again. Persistence may eventually pay off.

So, I want to be clear, these are '70 seats that you used '69 foam for?%
Yes, this is what we used = 1840-ST68 Mopar 1968-69 A,B,C-body Seat Foams The upholstery shop said it was about 85% of what was needed. He had to cut the foam a little and add some foam primarily on the bottom seat foam.

I am havening the seats in my 70 300 being done, covers are from Legendary. I asked the shop about the 1840-ST68 foam. He thinks that he can make it work, the foam came today, and seats might be done next week. I'll post pics when I get them back.

Couldn't do two two different quotes from two different pages in one post.

Just checked the website, they have black front and rear for 1970 300 convertible, but not white. Figures, since I just started to work on the interior of my vert project.

I haven't jumped in here because my application is different but I figure this thread might come up in searches. I got a set of 68 buckets from a 300 and bought the foam in question and the legendary covers below and the foam had to be modified a bunch to make it fit. I'm doing it myself. I know there are a lot of different cover styles and the foam is generally generic but this combo is not very good. The bottoms were easy in that I only had to remove side bolster material. But the tops (im not done yet) are proving much more difficult. I'm sure part of the problem is my lack of experience but the locations of the insets and emblem seem to be off. Adding and substracting foam isn't hard but relocating all major attachments is a ***** for the novice. I say novice in terms of foam work.. Doing a bench back seat with a foam roll and cotton batting makes sense to me and not a problem, but this requires thought in multiple dimensions and obviously needs to be done in the correct order. I even have the original 68 foam. The new foam tops do not match in any of the dimensions. I'll figure it out. I still will save $$

anyway I do not recommend this 68 seat style with this 68-69 foam.

1840-ST68 Mopar 1968-69 A,B,C-body Seat Foams
1669212119997.png

68 300/NEWPORT NON-RECLINING BUCKETS - DARK GRAY/BLACK | Legendary Auto Interiors

1669211371693.png

Back