1970 Sport Fury GT - $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, no interior, no motor or box and it doesnt look like it has any rear axle either, i wont even mention the state of the body, hey i am not scared of rust, but tie that in with the price and i will not waste my time, is there anybody who would?

Wow, too bad it's missing most of it, really well optioned car.

PH23:
Plymouth Fury
High
2 Door Hardtop

T0F: Unknown
Newark, DE, USA

144167: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Exterior Color
H4XW: Trim - High, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Black/White
EW1: White Int. Door Frames
A16: Build Date: October 16
149414: Order number

EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Top Color
A01: Light Package
A52: Sport Fury GT
G31: OS RH Manual Standard Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals

E42: ?
M25: Wide sill moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
P45: Power Deck Lid Release
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

There's a thread on this one on C body Dry dock. I talked to the guy a few weeks back on the car when it was first advertised. It's been sitting like that in a salvage yard for 30 years. In the mud. There is no rearend, no drivetrain whatsoever. No interior. No title. No nuthin'. It may be worth digging out for about a third of the asking price in my opinion.

There's a thread on this one on C body Dry dock. I talked to the guy a few weeks back on the car when it was first advertised. It's been sitting like that in a salvage yard for 30 years. In the mud. There is no rearend, no drivetrain whatsoever. No interior. No title. No nuthin'. It may be worth digging out for about a third of the asking price in my opinion.

Im thinking a third is generous

I talked to the guy awhile back myself. From my discussion, he would likely take any offer at this point. If I lived anywhere within 500 miles of the car, I would have probably just gone down there with my trailer and winched it on and gone from there. I think he might even consider a third of the asking price. I would like to see it saved, but since I live on the opposite side of the country, it is not an option for me even at no cost for the car itself.

still a great fender tag.
A car to buy and throw it on a shelf. But getting it back on the road? Puuuuuh

I was also wondering why the brake lines to the master cylinder go outward towards the engine rather than toward the fender? Maybe they installed a B body Hemi master cylinder and made the lines fit at some point in its life.

A nice full fende tag... good colors. Shes toast if shes been sitting in the dirt that long

Oh the possibilities, with enough time and money of course. One of my favorites with hide away headlights.

"The kind of car your kids will want when they grow up." Ain't it the truth...

1face425d8d03b89b0f8a3cacc2b41e4_zps6886950c.jpg

Last edited:
That is too bad, what a nice piece that would be!

Not having a center console is a negative IMO. Otherwise the color/option combo is definitely striking. When I talked to the guy he said it came into the yard that way missing it's drivetrain. He recalled that yes, it was all donated to another Mopar in that region. The usual story. I can only imagine how nice it was 30 years ago when he got his hands on it. :BangHead:

Not having a center console is a negative IMO. Otherwise the color/option combo is definitely striking. When I talked to the guy he said it came into the yard that way missing it's drivetrain. He recalled that yes, it was all donated to another Mopar in that region. The usual story. I can only imagine how nice it was 30 years ago when he got his hands on it. :BangHead:

Probably in to a B or an E....

EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Top Color
A01: Light Package
A52: Sport Fury GT
G31: OS RH Manual Standard Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals

E42: ?
M25: Wide sill moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
P45: Power Deck Lid Release