Reaction score
37447639-7A56-46DB-BEB9-A1B193F77A2B.jpeg
C8CA20B7-26FF-41C4-9E02-D5F302017741.jpeg
9DF4AB4B-3AE4-46EB-82B3-9F61E69C5C79.jpeg
D4BB237A-73FF-4974-B14C-D0D76C9FB2F5.jpeg
3481FE11-083F-4E36-AB69-7B0084C7D885.jpeg
D08B408A-5D48-4F23-BEF1-B464BC0E6CAC.jpeg
44F5F229-B43C-4D2A-8002-66F3DDCE6C07.jpeg
soon I will start my 71 300 Sunroof U Code, I think the 300 deserves a Restauration back to original and I think also is a very rare car.
I have never seen another one as U code in this combo.

I am convinced you have more of the same prefrerences in automobiles as myself than anyone else on the board! The 71 300s are my favorites of all the C bodies, and like you I also have 2 sunroof ones. Your B7 blue one is outstanding!

Actually I do also have a U code sun roof 71 300. Mine is Aztec gold, but it doesn't have its original power plant. It apparently went into an E body restoration many years before I found my 300, and of course, the guy doesn't want to let me get it back. My two cars are in the sunroof registry that Scott put together (the other one is Tahitian Walnut with the standard 440) as well as a couple others (non-300s):

file:///C:/Users/Steve/Downloads/sunroof1971chryslercars1%20(1).pdf

Glad to see someone actually making them work, as I have not yet had the opportunity. Coming soon..............

Good project ; wasn,t there another jonger guy with the same color-combo and sunroof 300 project in Canada ???

I am convinced you have more of the same prefrerences in automobiles as myself than anyone else on the board! The 71 300s are my favorites of all the C bodies, and like you I also have 2 sunroof ones. Your B7 blue one is outstanding!

Actually I do also have a U code sun roof 71 300. Mine is Aztec gold, but it doesn't have its original power plant. It apparently went into an E body restoration many years before I found my 300, and of course, the guy doesn't want to let me get it back. My two cars are in the sunroof registry that Scott put together (the other one is Tahitian Walnut with the standard 440) as well as a couple others (non-300s):

file:///C:/Users/Steve/Downloads/sunroof1971chryslercars1%20(1).pdf

Glad to see someone actually making them work, as I have not yet had the opportunity. Coming soon..............
Thanks Steve, when I stepped over my u code I was searching for parts for my other one and when I walked up to the car I buddy’s yard I was not even realizing that the car has a sunroof and when I realized that sunroof I was blown away and than I seen the fender tag and vin.
The Engine was long gone at this point
and the owner of the car didn’t waned sell me the Body but after 2hr talking he sold me the 300 and I was happy,
I told my Buddy about my purchase he is in to B and E Body’s and he told me he will help me to find the engine and he found the engine but the owner of the engine wasn’t ready to sell me the engine and after talking for over 10 months he finally sold me the engine for a amount of money where I usually buy nice c Body’s for , it was important for me to have the original engine and transmission when I start the Restauration.
I know the car will be beautiful when done and outstanding.

Good project ; wasn,t there another jonger guy with the same color-combo and sunroof 300 project in Canada ???

Actually it was a New Yorker in the same color combo with a sunroof in Canada. It too is in the registry link in my previous post (labeled "enthusiast in Canada" - I guess you get the descriptor of "collector" when you have more than one of them). The guy that bought that car seemed a little uncertain what he would do with it, so I am not sure where it ended up - maybe it is still with him.

I can't wait to see the progress on this Tobias! That is great news that you were able to obtain the original engine. Did you find the buckets?

Actually it was a New Yorker in the same color combo with a sunroof in Canada. It too is in the registry link in my previous post (labeled "enthusiast in Canada" - I guess you get the descriptor of "collector" when you have more than one of them). The guy that bought that car seemed a little uncertain what he would do with it, so I am not sure where it ended up - maybe it is still with him.

The owner of the car at that time did not know what he was doing and ended up selling the car to a fellow Moparite who simply wanted to save the car from further despair. A year later I purchased it from him. That was a year and a half ago. I drove it all last summer, it hasn't been out of the garage for about a year now. I'll just watch what Tobias does in this thread, then my resto will be that much easier, Ha! Worth it though.

I can't wait to see the progress on this Tobias! That is great news that you were able to obtain the original engine. Did you find the buckets?

The owner of the car at that time did not know what he was doing and ended up selling the car to a fellow Moparite who simply wanted to save the car from further despair. A year later I purchased it from him. That was a year and a half ago. I drove it all last summer, it hasn't been out of the garage for about a year now. I'll just watch what Tobias does in this thread, then my resto will be that much easier, Ha! Worth it though.
No I’m still looking for the front seats and a buddy seat , if someone has seats for sale let me know please.

Thanks Steve, when I stepped over my u code I was searching for parts for my other one and when I walked up to the car I buddy’s yard I was not even realizing that the car has a sunroof and when I realized that sunroof I was blown away and than I seen the fender tag and vin.
The Engine was long gone at this point
and the owner of the car didn’t waned sell me the Body but after 2hr talking he sold me the 300 and I was happy,
I told my Buddy about my purchase he is in to B and E Body’s and he told me he will help me to find the engine and he found the engine but the owner of the engine wasn’t ready to sell me the engine and after talking for over 10 months he finally sold me the engine for a amount of money where I usually buy nice c Body’s for , it was important for me to have the original engine and transmission when I start the Restauration.
I know the car will be beautiful when done and outstanding.

Ya know. . . Its one thing to have found a C-Body as rare as this one, but it is an entirely different thing to find the original engine that was pulled long ago from the car. Do you have a horse shoe stuck up yer *** ?!?

Ya know. . . Its one thing to have found a C-Body as rare as this one, but it is an entirely different thing to find the original engine that was pulled long ago from the car. Do you have a horse shoe stuck up yer *** ?!?

He has two.....trust me :)

Back