1971 Chrysler 300 with rust problem.. solved

Hansson72

Reaction score
My problem with rust in the area were the body connects with the subframe is finaly solved, took some time and thinking but am happy with the result. This problem is due the fact thas all the dirt is trapped in that spot but all other rust in the floor pans seems to come from the inside. I guess that is because the bad drain of the sunroof.... or is this a common problem?
Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures..
image.jpg
IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0835.jpgIMG_0836.jpgIMG_0838.jpgIMG_0839.jpgIMG_0841.jpgIMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

image.jpg

Very nice work, my hat is off to you!

That's the way to do it, very well thought out and executed. Is the isolator puck original, homemade or NOS? It looks good.

That isolator is homemade in "Delrin". The old one was out of rescue so i googled and got som ideas from another forum.

I would like to see how you did it, that is a common part that isn't reproduced yet, but often needs replacement.

Thanks for the post, I have a 73 New Yorker with the same problem , someone replaced the sunroof drain tube and didn't install it correctly so it just drained into the floor and rotted the same area over time. My repair area looks identical to yours . Where did you come up with the frame support and floor covering the repair. I've been trying to formulate a game plan for a while now, any advise would be greatly appreciated

Ironically I bought the same rubber isolator kit, I believe it will also work for the position 1 location at the radiator support, I'm replacing all of the body mount isolators also.

Back