For Sale 1971 dual snorkel air cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This will need some bodywork because of pitting but it's just surface pitting, no holes and it's straight. This was removed from a '71 Polara unmarked cop car by the guy I bought it from not that it matters but it's kool to have some history behind the part or maybe I'm just that much of a geek...
Asking $200 + shipping or I can bring it to the Nats if it's prepaid.

Thanks!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I've only had the parts for a few days. He still has two POLARA emblems off the car that are in nice condition if you have any use for them. Oh and the 8 3/4 housing and one axle shaft from the car if anybody needs one, I could pick it up.

I presume the car is long gone dead?

I just spent a pile of cash at Carlisle, I'm drooling but just can't do it, especially for "extra" parts

Yes, long dead. In fact I credit the guy for holding on to this stuff as long as he has. We're talking storage since the early '80s. He has a 440 that's complete that I might grab if the price is right.

Yes, long dead. In fact I credit the guy for holding on to this stuff as long as he has. We're talking storage since the early '80s. He has a 440 that's complete that I might grab if the price is right.
From the cop car?

From the cop car?
Just the heads and the crank, the block is a .030 over '67 HP that he remembers building in about '78ish and it's supposed to have some goodies inside such as domed forged Pistons and wait for it...a purple cam.

Now, if that were from the 71 Polara.... I'd beg borrow and steal to get that 440

He didn't say what happened to that block I just know he doesn't have it. I answered his Craigslist ad for a 3.23 SG in a 742 case which I snapped up too.

Dave, I
13731528_10204577301750927_2054744762824811650_n.jpg
know it's the wrong year, but I'll mention it anyways. 1972 Polara x Washington state U code & all there, nice car in Miami for $6500.

Hey back on topic!:poke:
Don't make me put this up on FEBO and FBBO!

Haha. That car has the single snorkel trap door cleaner. Of course he would need your better looking dual cleaner!

I will have this with me at the Nats this weekend.

That thing is cool, Matt, if possible could I get some measurements off it, at the moment I can't afford it, but I have two rusty single snorkels and a sick obsession with making my own crap.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back