1971 Fury GT sunroof

I'm glad these guys are saving the cars. So much has been ignored over the years . If that car had been recognized by a C body guy back then it wouldn't have been as bad as it had gotten .

So few c body lovers back then it's not surprising so many went unnoticed
I actually bought this car in 1994 from a Hemming’s ad out of FL. Unfortunately it was already over 100,000 miles with a broke timing chain. Never got it running again until it’s recent restoration. Parked inside since 1994, been gathering NOS and good parts since. Bought sight unseen, a lot of hidden rust the seller didn’t tell me about, mostly from the top down from the car spending it’s entire life on the FL coast. Decided at that time to wait for its restoration rather than try to get it running again.

More Photos

Rear Underneath.jpg
Engine Compartment.jpg

I actually bought this car in 1994 from a Hemming’s ad out of FL. Unfortunately it was already over 100,000 miles with a broke timing chain. Never got it running again until it’s recent restoration. Parked inside since 1994, been gathering NOS and good parts since. Bought sight unseen, a lot of hidden rust the seller didn’t tell me about, mostly from the top down from the car spending it’s entire life on the FL coast. Decided at that time to wait for its restoration rather than try to get it running again.

Dave, The car came out great. Contact me by email or PM when things settle down. I am very happy for your.

Bill

Since I wasn't writing the checks it was worth it. Obviously the car is something special, from the day it was conceived. A C body guy should have intervened before It got to that rusty from the roof down point.
Pardon my frustration, I've been a C body guy since my very early teens so I don't understand how a car of this caliber goes unnoticed until 1994 .

Pardon my frustration, I've been a C body guy since my very early teens so I don't understand how a car of this caliber goes unnoticed until 1994.

Dave (polara71), the highly optioned B7 & white '71 GT that I used to own was advertised in Hemmings in early '95 and as you will recall was a daily driver in North Jersey when I bought it. Unless a car was in Hemmings or another national publication back then the only way someone like us heard about one of these cars was by word of mouth. I don't think anyone else made any offers the B7 GT when I bought it in '95. Sadly, these cars often went unnoticed until the internet arrived and got popular.

Pardon my frustration, I've been a C body guy since my very early teens so I don't understand how a car of this caliber goes unnoticed until 1994.

Dave (polara71), the highly optioned B7 & white '71 GT that I used to own was advertised in Hemmings in early '95 and as you will recall was a daily driver in North Jersey when I bought it. Unless a car was in Hemmings or another national publication back then the only way someone like us heard about one of these cars was by word of mouth. I don't think anyone else made any offers the B7 GT when I bought it in '95. Sadly, these cars often went unnoticed until the internet arrived and got popular.

Hemmings, MCG local papers and Trading papers I guess . But there were no local C body guys? WHERE the Hell were they?

nd Im back, a very satisfying drive. Warm sunshine and cool air.

Are those exhaust tips the way it was done from the factory?

View attachment 152789

doesn't look right to me.. mine had one orig tailpipe and end was different.. they are also missing the hangar mounts that support the pipe..same as 70 GT w tips.. though possibly they stopped using them sometime in 71..mine have the tip hangars...

nd Im back, a very satisfying drive. Warm sunshine and cool air.

Are those exhaust tips the way it was done from the factory?

View attachment 152789
doesn't look right to me.. mine had one orig tailpipe and end was different.. they are also missing the hangar mounts that support the pipe..same as 70 GT w tips.. though possibly they stopped using them sometime in 71..mine have the tip hangars...

Actually, they look pretty darn close to correct from what I recall. I have a couple cars with at least one of the factory pipe outlets and will take a photo later in the day.

Actually, they look pretty darn close to correct from what I recall. I have a couple cars with at least one of the factory pipe outlets and will take a photo later in the day.
They look exactly like my NOS 70-71 440 dual exhaust pursuit car tail pipes.

Pictures please

Here you go.................this photo is from my 1971 Chrysler New Yorker with the 440TNT engine. The car has 38K miles on it, and the driver side pipe is still the original one. Mine looks pretty much identical to the green GT.

2017-11-20 12.07.38.jpg

Last edited:
Back