1971 Fury GT sunroof

Sorry, as I’ve posted this pic before; but this is a ‘71 Chrysler promo picture showing a GT, but note the exhaust tips. I have a set of NOS tailpipes for a 440 TNT/Super Commando/Magnum for a ‘71 ‘C’ body and had Waldron’s Exhaust in Centreville, MI copy them. They now have the pattern for anyone who is looking for a set.

Sorry, as I’ve posted this pic before; but this is a ‘71 Chrysler promo picture showing a GT, but note the exhaust tips. I have a set of NOS tailpipes for a 440 TNT/Super Commando/Magnum for a ‘71 ‘C’ body and had Waldron’s Exhaust in Centreville, MI copy them. They now have the pattern for anyone who is looking for a set.

:thumbsup: ....:thankyou:

OK... we all agree that this is awesome car. So who's the biggest loser and biggest winner in this story?
Mr.Beane had it for many years and I'm sure he enjoyed it immensely. But as we all did back in the day, we eventually just saw it as "Just another car" and he traded it for a Pontiac we can assume.
It bounced around through a few owners, f from '77 till about '94. (Terrible time for Mopars).
Then Jerry bought it,(I'm sure for a couple hundred bucks) after who knows how long, and sold it, to basically a scrap yard, Atlantic Salvage (most likely for a couple hundred) and I'm sure it kicked around their yard for a while, until this guy bought it for probably $500. Realized what it was and restored it to the beauty it is today... and believe me, I'm grateful.
Just putting it out there. Because we've all been in the "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" situation.
Who won, and who lost?

I was interested in the car circa 1992/4, Hemmings Motor News, for $2,500. I passed as it was too far from my domicile. Dave Arent had the vision and the passion to complete the car, so all the credit goes to him for restoring MoPar history.

Everybody wins; MoPar history preserved.

Thanks to Dave Arent's vision.

There are no losers in this story as the car was enjoyed by its owners until ending up in a salvage yard and eventually restored.

The biggest winner is the car itself, now much better than when it was built.

71B07874-E088-4E4F-9D97-FE2944DF0ADC.jpeg
With the holidays and all the busiest going on, I am really late on this, but would like to thank everyone for all the compliments on my GT. The MCACN show was its first showing and it was definitely a great show and a great time. Many thanks to Bob Aston for the invitation and to Magnum Restorations for the outstanding restoration.
Thought I would post the very first picture I took of the GT under my ownership. Took this after I picked it up from the transport company. Many of you saw before pictures of it on Magnum’s website, those were after a local body man had already disassembled it in the late 90’s, but this is how it looked when I took delivery in 1994.

Last edited:
Back