1971 Newport Custom JabberJaw

Cool! @rds
I have very little past information about the car.
When I bought it the passengers side from brake was sticking so I had to trailer it back to Colorado.
I drive it every couple weeks. Take it to work and what not.
Eventually the plan is to sell this beast as I did pick up a gold car in the same model with lots less miles. It needs a few things and I actually like the blue newport with a black interior better but my gold one is in impeccable condition. Only a few items with need.
Did you put the 4 barrel conversion onto the 383? What else can you tell me about it? Got any older pictures of ole Jabberjaw?
i did put the 4b conversion on but that is a 440 from an rv in there unless someone changed it. The last photo that i took seems to have been copied all over online. Obviously the car was in much better condition.
 .jpg
Nwprtcarshw1.jpg
Photo0053.jpg

This car definitely had seen better days before I found it.
That paint sure is shiny and the vinyl looks great!
It appears to have the same tires on it.
What year were these pictures taken?

2011. It really did photograph well back then but there were signs it was deteriorating. The paint was faded even then but the vinyl was good except for the rear bottom corner where they all go bad because of the rust underneath. The interior was perfect except for the driver seat seams. I actually still have some new matching black seat cloth that I was going to redo the seat with. I will keep it btw.
20141226_131728.jpg
20141225_153910.jpg
20141225_154129.jpg

wow! Ten years made a huge difference on this car
I bought it out of Nebraska. Apparently the Nebraska weather had it's way with it.
Here are pics of the rust over the windshield.

20210404_185711.jpg

20210404_185637_HDR.jpg

20210404_185706.jpg

20210404_185708.jpg

Well, I wouldn't part it out since it is a great driving car.
I'd sell it to ya for a good price. Just what I have into it minus my labor/time.
Pm me if you have any interest in that.
Would consider since I have another.

Great to learn more about CL43L1C206062

@cuda hunter - Where/how did you get these speaker risers? I have a 1969 Chrysler 300 and am dying to put in speakers in the same kick panel spot you have them. .
Any guidance/help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dave O

@Dave O I did not install the speakers but I do believe that @rds may have installed them.
I would not have cut into original kick panels.

This car is very loud due to the stock rear muffler being gone. Sounds like an old rattle box muscle car with no insulation and such.
I think this GB2 Glacial blue metallic car is earning itself a name.
It reminds me of "jabberjaw" on that old hanna barbera 70's cartoon from when I was a kid.
Well, anyway, that's what this car reminds me of.
I'm not into naming cars usually but since it's a trend over here on the Big C's I'll just name another car. Jabberjaw it is.

View attachment 458566

View attachment 458567

View attachment 458568

He spoke like Curly Howard from what I remember.

Back