1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, what's it worth?

I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience making a claim with Hagerty either, and I've known several that have made claims.

Chubb is a huge company though. I think it's one of the largest in the world. I know they've been writing collector car policies for a while, but I haven't
known anyone that has made a claim with them, so I can't say if it's good or bad. Most likely, it would be just fine.

Insurance prices being mostly the same, it only boils down to performance on claims.
Does anyone have experience with Grundy? I just got a quote for $200 and 15k coverage.
Just have to send a couple pictures and fill out an online form.

Can't judge a price like that
If you are just are on a cruise on a Tuesday morning, are you covered?
Technically, my Hagerty policy says I'm not. I bought the cheapest coverage of several.
Unlimited use coverage would have sent it skyrocketing. Of course, I'm always "traveling to a car show" wink-wink. Even on a Tuesday morning.

My Fury is covered by Hagerty and I'm very happy with their rates and terms. I must keep the car in an enclosed garage and since I'm retired and don't work I can drive it anywhere I want. Anywhere except I suppose big mall parking lots, but then I wouldn't take my baby there anyways - too many nutcase's in those lots! :eek:

Claims settlement is the key to a good insurance company IMHO. More so then a good rate. Hagerty has settled two claims by me with no issues, and fast.
One was for $1500.00 in cosmetic damage caused by a mechanical failure. Settled based on pictures and a shop estimate.

Their answer to me was, as long as you're not taking it to work, you're covered
What if you are taking it to work to show someone the car?
:)

I'll be looking at the cheapest insurance for now just to get past the mandatory liability needed to drive the car in Jersey. I think I was quoted at $250 for the year from Hagerty. It won't be a DD but I'll want to drive it to work on nice days.

I've had American Modern for 10+ years. Hagerty has never been able to beat their rates on the agreed value I placed on my cars. No appraisals were needed by AM, and I had one claim since I started with them.
The one claim I did file was paid by American Modern in full in 3 days just by verification of estimate from the body shop I had do the repairs, and photos the shop took. They didn't even send an adjuster to check the damage on the car.
When I had placed the call on my claim, I didn't know what to expect, but this company turned out to be easy to work with and treated me right when needed.
I don't even shop the coverage anymore with different insurance companies.

All my classics are insured thru Haggerty. I've never had an issues with them, but haven't had to file any claims[luckily]. They just made me email one good picture of my car, and they insured them for what I asked. I guess they were in agreement.

Interesting responses, I read most of then this morning after I already did the Haggerty deal, I got full coverage and sprung for the extra roadside assistance as well as an extra premium that automatically adds 10 percent to the value set at $20K every three months. This came about because I stated I am still doing cosmetic work to it. So total cost for it all is $241.

American Modern. I am filing that one away. Thanks.

Funny...... I called American Modern today about insurance on Connie, (vintage camper). I picked up a brochure while visiting the RV haul of fame in Elkhart In a couple of weeks ago. Brochure said RV coverage was available, agent said no, but they wanted to insure the Admiral.
Hagerty does not allow towing with an insured collector vehicle so I have been on the search for someone who will insure both the car and trailer, no luck so far.

From my knowledge of regular-car insurance a trailer is covered by the vehicle pulling it.
You're misunderstanding my question which is based on what Will wrote.

Will wrote:
"Hagerty does not allow towing with an insured collector vehicle"

That tells me The Admiral has technically not been covered while he pulls the trailer.

I'd like to get a better rate for insurance on my Fury, Right now It's insured for 2.5k or so, and it costs me around 30 bucks a month. Which to me seems pretty high for what pretty much is only Collision. especially because I have zero accidents and no tickets for the last 4 years. I think I'm insured through State Farm. Any Advice?

Hagerty insures all my collector vehicles. Even Virgil during the restoration period, even though the car is not road worthy. All my parts and labor costs are covered at a reduced rate. All I have to do is inform Hagerty when he's finished to add collision.

Another little known feature Hagerty offers is "cherished salvage" coverage.
Should your collector car be a total loss than you have the option to keep it once you receive the payoff. I benefitted from that with the Admiral. The extra cost for that coverage was about $20.00 over the regular premium.

Back