1971 Sport Fury - 2Dr - Window Bracket - Can't identify this part....

'71_SportFury

Reaction score
This piece is screwed (yellow arrows) to the rear edge of the side window.
A portion of it (yellow rectangle) runs in the rear window channel (see pic#2) and (before it if broke) acted as an up-stop when the bottom (yellow circle) hooked an edge in the rear channel as the window was being rolled up.
I don't see the part in the shop manual.
I would like to replace it (need a stop)...but not sure what it is or what it is called...
Wondering if it might be "customized"....maybe an improvised part from a different vehicle?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

stop.jpg

Back Rail.jpg

Parts Manuals and Service Manuals can be downloaded at www.mymopar.com. "Tools/
Reference" Plymouth, Dodge, and Chrysler/Imperial.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

This piece is screwed (yellow arrows) to the rear edge of the side window.
A portion of it (yellow rectangle) runs in the rear window channel (see pic#2) and (before it if broke) acted as an up-stop when the bottom (yellow circle) hooked an edge in the rear channel as the window was being rolled up.
I don't see the part in the shop manual.
I would like to replace it (need a stop)...but not sure what it is or what it is called...
Wondering if it might be "customized"....maybe an improvised part from a different vehicle?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

View attachment 151356

View attachment 151357
That is a factory part. It is not uncommon for them to break. Note 70 fury is different from a 71 for this part.

billyfury 70-71 Furys

That is a factory part. It is not uncommon for them to break. Note 70 fury is different from a 71 for this part.

billyfury 70-71 Furys

Thanks, Billy. I'm not finding it in service manuals......any idea what its called?

The guy parting out the 71 Gran coupe should have them hopefully not broken. My old 71 Gran coupe had them i found some in a yard years ago. The car is on this site under C bodies for sale.

Back