For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT Coming, Loaded with Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
are these the wheels you mention? this one ran on Ebay a few times this year I belie

That rear quarter GT emblem is different than before the repaint. Just nit-picking though. I would LOVE this car messed with or not. Yes a survivor would be better but some will take the shiny paint over the original if it was showing its age. 25 years can do a lot to paint and it might have been cracked, dinged, shi$ spilled on it and faded. Who knows but they thought a new spray would make it look better and appeal to a larger group of buyers. All I can say is I would love to see that car with those chrome solid fury rims as that would be one bad a$$ ride IMHO.

are these the wheels you mention? this one ran on Ebay a few times this year I believe

wheels.jpg

Yes those are them. I think those are THE COOLEST wheel mopar made, even better than the recall rims

If I was in buying mode, I would buy this car today. I think there is value there, and meat on the bone at their asking price.

$35K would not be unreasonable.

One could correct the decals, wheels, tires and adjust the T-bars in one week, not hard or too costly to do.

You could buy it,...correct all the issues and ask $45K. Find another one....this appears to be a very good car. :)
That's Flipperese. Not a language most members here understand...

If I was in buying mode, I would buy this car today. I think there is value there, and meat on the bone at their asking price.

$35K would not be unreasonable.

One could correct the decals, wheels, tires and adjust the T-bars in one week, not hard or too costly to do.

You could buy it,...correct all the issues and ask $45K. Find another one....this appears to be a very good car. :)

I'm sure the guy would take $35k for it.

I think it would be harder to find a buyer for it at $45k with the "issues" corrected than it would be to find another one. That is STEEP money and I do not see it. I see mid 20's and it is a solid buy IMO there unless there are hidden issues we can not see in the pics or tainted history that surfaces but I doubt that.

I think it would be harder to find a buyer for it at $45k with the "issues" corrected than it would be to find another one. That is STEEP money and I do not see it. I see mid 20's and it is a solid buy IMO there unless there are hidden issues we can not see in the pics or tainted history that surfaces but I doubt that.
I can't remember the last time I saw a factory triple black 1971 GT for sale. They just didn't make many in that very desirable combination.

If they will take 25 for it I see it selling real fast. Even at 28 I think it will sell. Supply is limited!

It's listed as R 35 which is Am/fm the 8 track would have been in dash and even then on an am radio..... anybody to dispute that?

R35 is the stereo am/fm radio alone. It did not have an 8 track or cassette player with it. The 8 track player you see on the back of the console in this black SFGT is an aftermarket one, as Plymouth & Dodge did not have an 8 track option in 1971. The Cassette player option was new in 1971 and was always mounted in a separate case on the floor center hump (or the console I believe - not sure on that specifically though), never in the dash. The radio code for the am/fm stereo with cassette is R36 (R26 is am radio with cassette). Chrysler and Imperial in 1971, however, did have an am radio with 8 track tape (R22) or am/fm radio with 8 track tape (R37) available still, and always mounted in the dash as part of the radio. But they also had either an am with cassette or am/fm stereo radio with cassette option available too, with the cassette player always mounted separately on the transmission hump.

R35 is the stereo am/fm radio alone. It did not have an 8 track or cassette player with it. The 8 track player you see on the back of the console in this black SFGT is an aftermarket one, as Plymouth & Dodge did not have an 8 track option in 1971. The Cassette player option was new in 1971 and was always mounted in a separate case on the floor center hump (or the console I believe - not sure on that specifically though), never in the dash. The radio code for the am/fm stereo with cassette is R36 (R26 is am radio with cassette). Chrysler and Imperial in 1971, however, did have an am radio with 8 track tape (R22) or am/fm radio with 8 track tape (R37) available still, and always mounted in the dash as part of the radio. But they also had either an am with cassette or am/fm stereo radio with cassette option available too, with the cassette player always mounted separately on the transmission hump.

Thanks, I thought the one in the picture had to be aftermarket. I had the cassette player in my '72 Challenger and it was mounted right to the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back