For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT Coming, Loaded with Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, how did he come up with the $55K figure? Are these cars that popular beyond our small group? It seems even if any of us had that kind of money, this one has too many flaws to be worth it. Granted, it is a great starting point for a full CanCritter resto project, but investment grade as it sits, it's not there yet.

Seriously, how did he come up with the $55K figure? Are these cars that popular beyond our small group? It seems even if any of us had that kind of money, this one has too many flaws to be worth it. Granted, it is a great starting point for a full CanCritter resto project, but investment grade as it sits, it's not there yet.
It's a fishing expedition pure and simple. OR, he likes the attention on cars he owns.

car is owned by Scott Lindsey a Mopar collector who is usually into B&E-Bodies and has a large collection
To my surprise he bought a couple of C-Bodies now.

He is willing to sell them but only if he gets a price which is worth it to him.
So trying to get him down to 35k$ in example won't work

Carsten

I truely despise Flippers. They are the scourge of the hobby.

so we have a matching numbers car with a realyyy bad decal kit and who knows what else...this guy sounds like a real winner in his own mind...know a few of these types and don't like them

Last edited:
So basically, if you have deep pockets and the space to keep them, you can buy up all of the desirable C's and keep them indefinitely at stupid prices, essentially killing the best and least known corner of the hobby where the investor class haven't moved in yet. Like I've said in an earlier post, there goes the neighborhood.

so we have possibly a non matching numbers car with a realyyy bad decal kit and who knows what else...this guy sounds like a real winner in his own mind...know a few of these types and don't like them
The pics in the ebay auction show numbers-matching drive-line.

The 1971 SFGT I sold to a friend in Finland a few years ago was B7blue and not as nice overall as this black GT at the time, but was numbers matching with all the options including buckets/console, a/c power windows, etc. The new owner painted it and put new stripes on it and fixed the driver seat. But I sold it for less than $10K. Well, at least I can sleep at night just fine. And it went to an appreciative home where it is often used participating in events in the summers over there. I would rather be content with myself than have a lot of money. Here it is in the current state, and probably less than $15K in the car total:

Kent71GTFront.jpg
Kent71GTPass_op_400x300.jpg

The 1971 SFGT I sold to a friend in Finland a few years ago was B7blue and not as nice overall as this black GT at the time, but was numbers matching with all the options including buckets/console, a/c power windows, etc. The new owner painted it and put new stripes on it and fixed the driver seat. But I sold it for less than $10K. Well, at least I can sleep at night just fine. And it went to an appreciative home where it is often used participating in events in the summers over there. I would rather be content with myself than have a lot of money. Here it is in the current state, and probably less than $15K in the car total:

Kent71GTFront.jpg

That is a real beauty too...what a great looking car and the right wheels to boot.

Dave

What depresses me is that there are scumbag flippers because there are dumbfluck buyers. It's the dumb as crap public that is killing it for the rest of us.

Kent71GTFront.jpg

Steve , did you bought it from ebay ? ...about 6 years ago ?
I,ve seen a blue 71 SFGT for sale for just one day , the next day the ad was gone.

Steve , did you bought it from ebay ? ...about 6 years ago ?
I,ve seen a blue 71 SFGT for sale for just one day , the next day the ad was gone.

I didn't buy it off of ebay, rather off of Craigslist. I didn't really make any money on it when I sold it, as the buyer was a friend who has helped me in the past, so I just transferred it to him for what I had in it.

I really do think the GT you're looking at here today is not only the Coolest one to remain in existence but very well may be the Coolest one of them all, Period!
Ummm, tell Paul, to step it up a bit, Critter.
Your first assignment will be to show this asswipe some in-your-face-disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back