For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT E-bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I just gave it a bump for Murray.:D

Who would have a feedback of 414,000 and be bidding on this car? :wideyed:

PicsArt_07-29-09.53.36.jpg

But leaving out who owns the car. What's it really worth? Looks like a lot of the parts are there but are they going to be usable over restorable? Triple green? But it is it 71 sport fury gt.

Let's face it. Whoever buys it is going to be forever upside down on it. It will be interesting to see what its future will bring.

I am aware of what Murray was wanting for it, but will not disclose that amount since that is his business to do if he so wishes. What I will say is that the amount he would like to get for it is very reasonable given the rarity of these cars, and the strengths of this particular example, such that anyone that really wants one would pay the amount he is asking. At least I know I would if that was on my bucket list. I believe he also told me it is numbers matching. The restoration for me would be a labor of love and the rust on this car would not deter me. While Stan believes one would be forever upside down for this example, I think when done to a high standard, these cars will still continue to climb in value for many years ahead and would be worth the effort in this case.

You know... When it comes to Ebay, all you have to do is make a call and say "How much to buy it?".

I hit it again for 5151 and did not hit reserve so I am out. Triple green with a future 25-30k resto bill (if your lucky). Makes the black 70 sfgt last year look like a real good buy.

I hit it again for 5151 and did not hit reserve so I am out. Triple green with a future 25-30k resto bill (if your lucky). Makes the black 70 sfgt last year look like a real good buy.

If you had a chance to buy the black one today, do you think the price would be the same as it went for last year? I doubt it.

In my case, I would do most of the work myself on this green SFGT and not just farm it all out. That might affect your view vs. mine as well.

Also, it depends on how much you want an unmolested car to start with, like this green one. Those are the ones I feel are worth a some premium since no one else has had a chance to mess it up yet, as most do.

You aren't that far away from what he wants for it (and I don't know his reserve) that the difference in what you are willing to pay would affect me very much if I really wanted a 1971 SFGT. But we all have different criteria for what we buy.

There is also the chance that any high bidder could end up with the car as well when an Ebay listing is involved when the auction is over and hasn't met reserve. You never know.

Last edited:
It seams that 20 - 25% of the 71 SFGT must have been that green color based on the ones that have appeared somewhere on the internet in the past 20 years. The floor pan brings back memories of the blue SFGT I sold many years ago. It will be interesting to see what it sells for. IMHO it really needs white stripes instead black stripes.

View attachment 136105
View attachment 136107

For someone is not accustomed to see much in the way of floor pan rust like this, how did it get this way? Outside in or inside out. I understand some rust under a leaky heater core but this car has rust all the way behind the front seat.

For someone is not accustomed to see much in the way of floor pan rust like this, how did it get this way? Outside in or inside out. I understand some rust under a leaky heater core but this car has rust all the way behind the front seat.
Road salt is the villain for the most part. You drive on wet, salt covered roads all winter and the salt starts to eat away at the sheet metal... That's from the bottom. From the top, the carpet gets soaked from dragging the snow in every time you get in the car. Some cars never are given the chance to dry out and the soaked carpet (quite often stained white from salt) and padding hold the moisture against the sheet metal year round.

There are ways to battle it... regular washing, including an undercarriage wash will help, but most people never bothered with such things back then.

If I was looking this would be one I would consider but I like the triple green. Needs white stripes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back