1972-73 IMPERIAL FOR SALE Tracker starting NOW into INFINITY.

1972 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL, Price $14,900.00, Milbank, SD, 76,769 Miles, White / White Interior, Automatic, RWD, V8, 2, Hardtop, Classic / Antique

It´s a 2dr... it´s lovely... it´s EW1!

0016482H.jpg

0016482I.jpg

0016482K.jpg

0016482M.jpg

Uffff! Good old..."No car ever leaves the lot" Gesswein....

I'm not saying it's not a great looking car, but you'll never take it alive!

Has the same cars listed for years and years. I believe it was @cantflip that has the best analysis for this dealer.... hopefully he'll chime in.

Uffff! Good old..."No car ever leaves the lot" Gesswein....

I'm not saying it's not a great looking car, but you'll never take it alive!

Has the same cars listed for years and years. I believe it was @cantflip that has the best analysis for this dealer.... hopefully he'll chime in.
Well, I did meet a cool young man at Carlisle last year who proves Gesswein does sell them. He had the white NYB that sat on the show field all day while he and his dad explored. I hope he joins the C Body crowd this year... I think you guys will like him.

But yes, I do believe the Gesswein inventory is more of a personal collection, disguised as inventory, that allows for a big write off for the family owned dealership. Plus the benefit of no registrations to pay and the cars would be covered under the dealer's existing insurance.

Their large (not really that large) advertising budget puts them on the radar of many of us, who otherwise couldn't care less about a dealership so remotely located for most of us. And they singlehandedly seem to have skewed the Formal value guides hard enough, that us cheap old guys still struggle to comprehend the pricing.

I believe that without their efforts, Formals would still be as simple as "$2500"...

Cantflip: You're absolutely correct! The guy (Gesswein) doesn't care weather or not he sells anything but the New and used Chrysler/Dodge cars and trucks! I've been up there....He's got at least 40-50 or more collector cars from the 50's, 60's & 70's that have never been for sale. It's nice stuff but very overpriced! Remember, he's a master at detailing and making the 'ole gals look good!

Well, I did meet a cool young man at Carlisle last year who proves Gesswein does sell them. He had the white NYB that sat on the show field all day while he and his dad explored. I hope he joins the C Body crowd this year... I think you guys will like him.

But yes, I do believe the Gesswein inventory is more of a personal collection, disguised as inventory, that allows for a big write off for the family owned dealership. Plus the benefit of no registrations to pay and the cars would be covered under the dealer's existing insurance.

Their large (not really that large) advertising budget puts them on the radar of many of us, who otherwise couldn't care less about a dealership so remotely located for most of us. And they singlehandedly seem to have skewed the Formal value guides hard enough, that us cheap old guys still struggle to comprehend the pricing.

I believe that without their efforts, Formals would still be as simple as "$2500"...

Cantflip: You're absolutely correct! The guy (Gesswein) doesn't care weather or not he sells anything but the New and used Chrysler/Dodge cars and trucks! I've been up there....He's got at least 40-50 or more collector cars from the 50's, 60's & 70's that have never been for sale. It's nice stuff but very overpriced! Remember, he's a master at detailing and making the 'ole gals look good!

In all its simplicity: this sucks.:mad:

That would be quite the gig to have: a collection of old iron, under the umbrella of your business, storage, insurance, maintenance, etc. paid for...The part that must get old would be to me:

the constant inquiries from phone callers, tire kickers, pop ins, etc. and having to pull them out of storage to make available to a potential buyer. All this if you really, really don't want to sell anything...

I was one of those potential buyers a couple years back...asking for more photos, video, etc...he didn't budge on price for a yellow 72 NYB 4 door I liked.

I guess I shouldn't stray from the thread topic...But, this one caught my eye and Jim supplied a ton of detailed photos and some video, title, etc...Then I met Big Red and it's all history...the Imperial bug ended any further contact about this one...
DSC05600 (1).JPG

From 20 plus years of observation of them is everything advertised is for sale. They are not in a hurry to sell. They also have cars that stay hidden and aren't available or are not yet available .

Probably still there too...

Try buying parts from them even Dealer to Dealer. They always show having inventory on NOS parts but when you try to buy them their inventory count was wrong and the part doesn't exist....Dealers run inventory every 6 months minimum, I've been trying to buy the same part they show for 2 years but get a different answer every time

Try buying parts from them even Dealer to Dealer. They always show having inventory on NOS parts but when you try to buy them their inventory count was wrong and the part doesn't exist....Dealers run inventory every 6 months minimum, I've been trying to buy the same part they show for 2 years but get a different answer every time
When they show a part, I assume it's earmarked for a car or being hoarded for speculation... Eventually, they will have a good idea about demand on a lot of obscure stuff.

ell, I did meet a cool young man at Carlisle last year who proves Gesswein does sell them

I remember him also... I still can't believe he pried that car out of their hands. I have an idea though..$$x over their asking price no doubt.

I remember him also... I still can't believe he pried that car out of their hands. I have an idea though..$$x over their asking price no doubt.
He paid up... That white Formal with blue mouse fur was the car he wanted in his colors... I loved that he had worked crap out that well.

Back