1972 chrysler imperial - $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know anything about interchangeability of these models but consider to get yourself a Chrysler parts catalog of this vintage, there's so many detail questions that turn up during work it's worth every penny. Just got two carbs from another make diassembled for overhauling and used the catalog to check if there has been anything messed around with like putting wrong carbs or jets in. Just unbelievable how many changes there were.

Only problem with that is you need a parts manual for each year to check part numbers. I have a 1978 Chyrsler Parts Catalog but it doesn't tell me if any of the parts fit the other 1974-1977 Formal NY'ers.

Right, I'm thinking German GM models where you have several modelyears of a model in one catalog, they're regarded as the same model despite model year changes.

Ya, I went through that recently trying to nail down the differences in the 1977 Charger blue leather steering wheel and my 1978 NY'er T&T steering wheel. Didn't figure out what the manufacturing/interchangeability differences were until I had the steering wheels sitting side by side and the fit on the column which determined the machining mod that I had to make to get it to work on my 1978 NY'er.

Ya, I went through that recently trying to nail down the differences in the 1977 Charger blue leather steering wheel and my 1978 NY'er T&T steering wheel. Didn't figure out what the manufacturing/interchangeability differences were until I had the steering wheels sitting side by side and the fit on the column which determined the machining mod that I had to make to get it to work on my 1978 NY'er.

A lot of times, we just HAVE to research the bejeezuz out of something, ask a TON of questions on every forum, wait a long time, and then still roll the dice...
I have a bunch of useless crap on the shelf that is money I will never get back....

In your case, Bob, NEVER in my life did I think there was a Lt. Blue leather wrapped T&T steering wheel made. EVER................

These things come out of left field when you least expect it.

Last edited:
Ross, im in the jacksonville area. Canbtake a look at it if you want? I to am a little interested in it for the drivetrain assuming its a 440. I gotta wait till tax $$ comes in though. If you bought it would you be interested in selling the engine/trans? Ive got a budys place you could store it at for a bit before shipping if needed. Let me know.
I talked to the guy & he says the fenders, quarters & bumpers are all rust free & perfect. The rust is in the trunk & floorboards & on the hood & under the vinyl top.

He'll take $1,000 bucks for it so I told him to mark it sold. If you wanna run look at it that would be awesome. I'll send you the cash & you can just go buy the car & then pull the fenders, etc. when you get time. I'd want the whole front clip, plus the rear bumper, taillights, etc. & the rear window trim & steering wheel. You can keep everything else.

We're buying a lot of cars here...
chinscratch.gif

I talked to the guy & he says the fenders, quarters & bumpers are all rust free & perfect. The rust is in the trunk & floorboards & on the hood & under the vinyl top.
QUOTE]

this guy lied right to you. Idk man.. car is sitting at a cheesy tire and muffler shop in the hood. I'll let the pictures do the talking... but I dont see $1000 sitting there. But let me know. Id still be in if you are. I see a $500 car sitting there. guy said engine runs, but had no battery to start it. also did not bring me the keys to check out the trunk. Back doors are stuck shut....

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.