For Sale 1972 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you joined May 10th and posted one thread on this car, put a firm price on it...And then scrapped it one week later?

That's cold, man.

FWIW, I reached out to the member i know in the hope of helping both of you. He wanted manual seats and passed. So that’s that, and nothing happened — and now the car is gone.

I’m still interested in seeing the tag, if you’d be willing to post a pic. :)

So you joined May 10th and posted one thread on this car, put a firm price on it...And then scrapped it one week later?

That's cold, man.
As I said earlier I only wanted two of the cars the guy had. But he wouldn't separate them so I had to buy all of them. They are just parts cars that have been sitting outside for 20 plus years in the Midwest. I only have till mid June to get them all out of there & don't have the room to keep them for a long period of time & they are a eye sore, rust, flat tires, etc. So I have to act fast and since it was a C body I thought this was the best place to advertise it so I joined to put it out there.
If it makes you guys feel any better I pulled the motor/trans/rearend/front disc brakes/grilles & sold the radiator/power window motors & window switches & scrapped the rest. So either way I should still get the $1000 I wanted for the car. Didn't mean to upset anyone's feelings just wanted to let people know it is no longer available

As I said earlier I only wanted two of the cars the guy had. But he wouldn't separate them so I had to buy all of them. They are just parts cars that have been sitting outside for 20 plus years in the Midwest. I only have till mid June to get them all out of there & don't have the room to keep them for a long period of time & they are a eye sore, rust, flat tires, etc. So I have to act fast and since it was a C body I thought this was the best place to advertise it so I joined to put it out there.
If it makes you guys feel any better I pulled the motor/trans/rearend/front disc brakes/grilles & sold the radiator/power window motors & window switches & scrapped the rest. So either way I should still get the $1000 I wanted for the car. Didn't mean to upset anyone's feelings just wanted to let people know it is no longer available
Appreciate the follow up. I don't usually place judgement, but this struck me as wrong. I've spent 5 years parting a car to get the parts into the hands of those who need them, but I have the means to do so.
Hopefully, you will stick around this site and take the time to introduce yourself here:
Welcome 300E to FCBO!
These are good folk!

At least you offered it up! thanks for that!

Fender tag readouts mean a lot to most mopar guys. That might have helped the sale.
I"m always looking at tags, especially if I'm considering the purchase, even if its a parts car.
Seriously though, thanks for posting it up before it met it's demise. Next time you find a C please list it up as well. maybe it will sell.

This is definitely the biggest gathering of C body lovers on the net.

Thanks, burgmopar &
Cuda hunter. But I have 7 more to get before the guy will let me get the 2 I want because the last guy that said he would take them all took the ones he wanted & never came back to finish the deal they agreed upon. I can't blame him so I'll finish what we agree on but I'll stick with selling the stuff locally

Yes, the 72 in the pictures
Damn, I didn't see this ad till it was to late. I would have given you $1000.00 for that car. Looks restorable to me even with the rust u were talking about. Nice looking car.

Sorry, no everything else is 1964 & earlier except for 1968 imperial
Welcome, what 2 are you after? Do you own a 300 E? FWIW, it takes months to sell a whole parts car on FCBO, even if it’s on a trailer and ready to go. Not a jab at the site or the members, it’s just how it is with us C body guys.

Welcome, what 2 are you after? Do you own a 300 E? FWIW, it takes months to sell a whole parts car on FCBO, even if it’s on a trailer and ready to go. Not a jab at the site or the members, it’s just how it is with us C body guys.

True unless its a 70/71 Dodge, then its gone!

#1 is a 1958 Chrysler
#2 the engine & trans out of the 1968 imperial
And yes one of the cars I own is a 1959 chrysler 300 E

#1 is a 1958 Chrysler
#2 the engine & trans out of the 1968 imperial
And yes one of the cars I own is a 1959 chrysler 300 E

Sure love to see a few pics of your 300E !!

image.png
Sure love to see a few pics of your 300E !!
Solid car but I need to restore it, maybe I'll get started on it this winter. I've been waiting two years now for my new leather interior to get done. This is the only picture of it I can find on my phone

He wanted manual seats and passed.

Just so you know, the seat bases (power and manual) bolt to the seat frames. So there is no reason a seat frame with better upholstery can't be swapped to the desired seat base.

Just so you know, the seat bases (power and manual) bolt to the seat frames. So there is no reason a seat frame with better upholstery can't be swapped to the desired seat base.

I know. But that was not my car, and thus not my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back