1972 Polara 4 door sedan

Welcome to you and your Polara. It looks solid. I'm glad to see it will be getting some of the attention it deserves. Not every car is a highly optioned big block two door model. These were the cars that got the groceries and took the family on vacation. I'm sure you will have fun with it.

Welcome, look forward to seeing the progress on the car.

Well, after surfing around this site I noticed that my cars previous owner also had put it on here! He didn’t keep it long. Hopefully I’ll get farther than he did.

Could you post the link, so that the threads are connected and the history of the car grows?

first of all welcome.

the 73 Polara is a apring special.
Look at the seats.
It hurts to hear it will die

Carsten

first of all welcome.

the 73 Polara is a apring special.
Look at the seats.
It hurts to hear it will die

Carsten
It has rust issues in the subframe area and has been molested under the hood or I wouldn’t let it die. You can’t tell by the pics but it has some bondo and has been painted with a brush by the previous owner. I always thought it was oddly optioned with AC, power door locks, fm/am, manual windows, and tilt wheel. It had those big heavy fancy hubcaps on it from the factory.

Welcome to you and your Polara. It looks solid. I'm glad to see it will be getting some of the attention it deserves. Not every car is a highly optioned big block two door model. These were the cars that got the groceries and took the family on vacation. I'm sure you will have fun with it.
Thank you. I guess I’m a “less is more” type. I probably would have preferred a big block but a 360 ain’t bad. I might be stepping on some toes but, these days even the more coveted muscle cars of the 60’s are pretty sluggish compared to today’s average mini van. I love the old cars and everything but it turns out there is a replacement for displacement. Direct injection, variable valve timing, transmissions with half a dozen gears etc. You’d be hard pressed to build a old muscle car with any originality that would hold a candle to today’s V6 offerings.

I guess I’m going to try to doctor this 360 up and see how it does. I’m going to look in my mini junk yard this evening to see if I have a 4 barrel intake for it. I figure it’s about due for a timing chain so I’ll probably put a RV cam in it while I’m at it.
I post a few pics of the stuff I have down in the yard while I’m looking around.

Well I’m at work but my young son is off from school for the weather, he volunteered to scavenge the place for an intake. He sent some pics of his findings. Dual plane on a 200 4x4, we have a winner!

6FAE2A65-2E9E-49E8-9522-68E581120293.jpeg

0D0EB1DE-B988-48FD-86D2-668EFCCD9589.jpeg

Here’s Huey’s Monaco stuff..
The sedan is what is left of a 74.

5B91B303-1040-466F-90EB-0B1DE65BD971.jpeg

54552F3C-22D8-49FE-9549-FA2E57665BDD.jpeg

B62023F4-CCD8-4E32-9709-30AEEBB27CF6.jpeg

Intake has been removed from the truck. It’s 8 degrees here with -9 wind chill. Check out the water frozen in the thermostat housing!

2D09F24D-700D-4D23-889E-5E63979AF3F3.jpeg

Wow youre hard core thru the winter! I feel ashamed , I was complaining about having to do my Dakota’s u joints last Saturday. I usually don’t fix things this time of year unless I have to. I always wondered what the road wheels looked like on with no centers or rings on them. Got a set in my basement but no centers or rings. Guess that’s why they were a throw in on an dual c body exhaust set up I bought a few years back.

Wow youre hard core thru the winter! I feel ashamed , I was complaining about having to do my Dakota’s u joints last Saturday. I usually don’t fix things this time of year unless I have to. I always wondered what the road wheels looked like on with no centers or rings on them. Got a set in my basement but no centers or rings. Guess that’s why they were a throw in on an dual c body exhaust set up I bought a few years back. Nothing wrong with a 360 by the way. Good luck! I love all that is 72!

Wow youre hard core thru the winter! I feel ashamed , I was complaining about having to do my Dakota’s u joints last Saturday. I usually don’t fix things this time of year unless I have to. I always wondered what the road wheels looked like on with no centers or rings on them. Got a set in my basement but no centers or rings. Guess that’s why they were a throw in on an dual c body exhaust set up I bought a few years back.

I didn’t take it off, my son did while I was at work. Those road wheels look out of place on my otherwise plain Polara. They would look more at home on a New Yorker or the like in my opinion.

I guess for now, I’m going to gather parts and freshen up under the hood. The 360 seems to be alright, but I noticed it had a couple rubber freeze plugs in it so, I’ll probably pull it and the trans, clean them up, cam, lifters, intake, carb, gaskets and whatever else it needs.
As for the interior and exterior cosmetics I’m just going to give the exterior a good cleaning and start transitioning the interior to black as I go.

Got a couple wheels changed over today. Looks much less pretentious now.
A good friend and fellow C-body nut is coming over to help me clean it up and look it over Tuesday.We’ll probably look at it for a hour, wipe around on it with a dirty rag and then have a crazy cheeseburger/liquor party.

A199522E-2259-4DFA-878A-BFEA8539A5E4.jpeg

That’s the way to do it! It’s no fun if it’s not a part of the party! When I got my TQ back from the carb shop I just wanted to drink beer & look at it! It looked so good I didn’t wanna throw it on right away. :rofl:

Cleaned up the trunk today. I was very pleased as there was only light surface rust here and there

6AC3117A-9B77-4B9B-AF25-E2DB6D177AD6.jpeg

Even under the vinyl top was not bad as they usually are found.
It’s not all rainbows and fairy tales though, the lower quarters didn’t fair as well but, that’s an easy fix.

586BF99A-B8AF-48BA-840B-1ECFAAE30870.jpeg

8AF7F6E7-2F16-4757-B10F-393739AFFBCC.jpeg

Back