1972 Polara California Highway Patrol Special

See the irony? This guy is trying to commit highway robbery while trying to sell a police car...a "highway" patrol car, no less!

See the irony? This guy is trying to commit highway robbery while trying to sell a police car...a "highway" patrol car, no less!
Not "highway robbery" if the buyer willingly pays it, or negotiates it down.

Why am I getting strokes for this? It was just a joke guys. Lighten up.

It's probably worth that to someone, not to me. Being a fully marked car makes it less desirable for me.
I'd rather it be a "plain brown wrapper" BUT there is a market for these, let's see.

Textbook case for documentation. Best I have seen. Btw, nice car too.:)

Asking price? A bit tall for me.

Will he get it? Would surprise (marked cars actually seem to lag in price, limited buyer group, etc.,) but WOULDN'T shock me (among the best examples of its kind left in the whole wide world).

Hope it does well in the hands of an appreciative new caretaker.

Textbook case for documentation. Best I have seen. Btw, nice car too.:)

Asking price? A bit tall for me.

Will he get it? Would surprise (marked cars actually seem to lag in price, limited buyer group, etc.,) but WOULDN'T shock me (among the best examples of its kind left in the whole wide world).

Hope it does well in the hands of an appreciative new caretaker.
Documentation is loaded for Mark's CHP POlara... it is perfect. Car # 9333 CHP - all original.

Personally, I love it. If I could change anything, it would be the year. I prefer 1970.

I was not aware of that. When did the switch to Dodge, 71 or 72?

I've never met Mark in person but I hope to someday, he's been very helpful with the restoration on my Polara, very knowledgeable and a standup guy.

Other than usual car clubs (local, regional, national), there is a national police car club. They hold national/regional shows. There might be someone in that group that would cherish that car, not specifically because it is a Dodge, but because it has so much documentation, a great restoration, and is "marked" as it is. Or possibly a police car museum?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back