1973 disk brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparbrad

Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 C-body Disk brakes

I know, I know! Good luck, right? Well, I'm hoping that just maybe someone here has some they'd part with or knows of some. My daily driver 66 Monaco needs them! The front drum brakes were sketchy when I bought the car. I rebuilt them 6 months ago and they're junk again. So far the springs have broke, brake cylinders gush fluid and today a star adjuster "fell out of place." When I hit the brakes, I nearly made a left turn into on coming traffic!! No more of that crap!
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Well any disk brakes will work, its just that the rotors of other years are more expensive when it comes to replacing them, if you get a good set with plenty of meat, they will see you out for many miles.

More expensive rotors? I'm fine with that. I just don't want problematic calipers like the Budds. So, what years use decent calipers? What keeps someone from using a 73 rotor on the older brakes?

Good to know, thanks. So I need some 69-73 disk brakes. Who has some?

69-72 c bodys use a 2 piece rotor. They can be adapted to the 73 one piece rotor by using doctor diffs kit. The Budds were 66-68.

My '69 Imperial has the 2 piston Budd brakes. So just be carefull about what you find from 69!

I'm looking to do the same thing in the near future (Disc brake up grade) I have power 11" drums all around.

Brakes

Good to know, thanks. So I need some 69-73 disk brakes. Who has some?

I have a set from a early 70,s Complete LT and RT and 2 extra rotors. I do not remember the exact year but a pic of the assy. If that works let me know, $95.00 for the LT and RT asys and 2 extra rotors. The rotor looks like a 2 piece but it is one piece.Thanks

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

I have a set from a early 70,s Complete LT and RT and 2 extra rotors. I do not remember the exact year but a pic of the assy. If that works let me know, $95.00 for the LT and RT asys and 2 extra rotors. The rotor looks like a 2 piece but it is one piece.Thanks

Forgot to add I also have a set of rear Imperial discs LT and RT I Understand that they can also adapted to a 8 3/4? $80.00 for the pair .Thanks

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

DSC03530.jpg

Imperial rear disk! I only heard of such legend but I read they are more trouble then there worth but still very cool.

And, I have a few last pairs of N.O.S. U.S.A. made Front Disc Brake Rotors for the 1969 - 1972 "C" Bodies and some N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Pads such that you don't "rip up" these more expensive rotors.....

Okay, I'm back in the market for some freaking disk brakes! The last set I bought were for a Formal (74-78) and won't work in my 66 Monaco. Anyone have a set of 69-73 disk brakes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back