For Sale 1973 Dodge Monaco Wagon (california $5.200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I saw this one on Craigslist.
Nice car and it belongs to a great guy:

01111_99aiHdsYj38_600x450.jpg

00d0d_6c1yQxMXCaN_600x450.jpg

00U0U_kXFyKnkp28M_600x450.jpg

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5187619551.html

This is a clean, nice running, loaded with options wagon. It has the 440 engine and power windows that all work, power seat that works, dual air conditioning that needs service and much more. It is a 3 seat wagon with rear facing seat. Runs and drives very nicely The only rust is in the rear quarters (common problem) and one spot on one rear passenger door. Otherwise, I can find no other rust on the car and no evidence of previous rust repair or any significant bondo (I checked for these using a paint/coating thickness meter). It has been touched up with paint in several areas in the past, but is also has what appears as some factory paint still on it. It has relatively low miles on it - 109K miles. The interior is also very nice, with only some tears in the lower part of the driver seat. It is the high line interior with reclining passenger seat. Needs a new set of tires. Please call for more details or many more photos.
5200.00 obo

Unfortunatly for Chris Steve isn't selling the black one

Carsten

Your right Carsten! Steve your selling the wrong one! LOL. Still a very nice wagon though!

Hey Steve any luck selling this beauty?

Yes, it has sold to a Mopar guy that lives nearby. He came and looked at it in person and drove it. It is going to a good place.

I also had interest in it from a guy in San Diego and one in France, but the new owner was first.

For some reason, the listing never seemed to show up in the search engines for Craigslist.

I deleted the listing since it has been sold - I gave the buyer some leeway in paying for it but he came through last night. He is excited about getting it.

Thanks for the interest.

Cool ride, I'd drive that. What black car does he own?

Dave

A black wagon that is nearly identical to this yellow one. It has only 60K miles on it, but even more options. It has the woodgrain factory treatment.

Chris has his name on it in case I decide to sell it! You never know..........:thinker:

A black wagon that is nearly identical to this yellow one. It has only 60K miles on it, but even more options. It has the woodgrain factory treatment.

Chris has his name on it in case I decide to sell it! You never know..........:thinker:

I'm younger than you Steve (although not that much) so as long as you put something in your will about it I'll be good! LOL In the mean time I will continue to try and wear you down!

I'm younger than you Steve (although not that much) so as long as you put something in your will about it I'll be good! LOL In the mean time I will continue to try and wear you down!

Between you with the black Monaco wagon and Carsten with the 1970 Sport Fury GT (B7blue!), I had better be pretty stout!! You guys sure have good taste in automobiles!!

Any chance we get to see pictures of these fine automobiles?

:poke:

Well, I can show you some photos of their current condition. The SFGT is a Las Vegas, Nevada car that was allowed to bake in the sun seemingly forever, so it is toasty inside and the paint is less than new (understatement) but it is totally rust free and pretty straight. It has some nice options such as a/c, buckets, console, etc. and I like the white strobe stripes. I have the parts needed to restore it to the max, but I am not sure Carsten would agree that it needs that much (a little patina never hurt anyone - just fix it up a little and drive it - it does run and drive! :3gears:).

The Monaco wagon is just the way it was when I got it a few years ago. I have only driven it a few times. It needs some paint work and a good cleaning up and my paint/body guy was planning on painting on the woodgrain so it would be factory again (it is interesting to watch him do woodgrain - I would have never thought it possible to do that successfully until I saw some of his prior woodgrain work). The interior shot (dirty) shows even the cassette deck option on the trans tunnel and the dashpad is perfect even (the white spot is just a reflection from the camera flash, not a flaw). It has the 440 and dual a/c and pretty much every other option.

Now that my new garage is done and most of the cars I had planned to sell off to make at least some sense of my storage situation are sold plus considering my age (68), I can now focus on doing some restorations after too long a time. I just take one day at a time now, and I don't have to worry about the pressures of a job, accomplishing too many assignments and missing too many deadlines etc. So I will just see how things go for awhile and decide what to do with the cars that Carsten and Chris would like as time evolves. I should be able to do a complete restoration in less than 6 months with the help of my on site paint and body guy. Like Chris, he is very good at what he does.

100_8544.jpg100_8554.jpg100_8536.jpg100_8539.jpg100_8543.jpg100_8545.jpg100_8547.jpg100_8548.jpg100_8549.jpg

100_8544.jpg

100_8554.jpg

100_8536.jpg

100_8539.jpg

100_8543.jpg

100_8545.jpg

100_8547.jpg

100_8548.jpg

100_8549.jpg

Great looking wagon & it is a 440 loaded with options to boot. I always loved that front end.

I meant to include a couple photos of a car my paint/body guy did last year for a friend (not a totally stock car, but that is how the guy wanted it). I will just strip my cars down to the body like this example and let my paint/body guy take it to the point of this blue Charger. He is very fussy about panel gaps and making the car look as a single piece, so body fits take him a long time. Then I take over and do most of the rest. My friend also is great at the mechanical stuff too, when I need help.

100_7045.jpg100_7044.jpg

100_7045.jpg

100_7044.jpg

I wouldn't touch the black wagon if it would be mine (it is original only once) but the B7 blue SFGT needs to be redone. Even in my eyes (that means something as Steve mentioned). If I would be driving the SFGT "as is" I would always look on a burnt, rusted brown hood. But I love EB7 blue not FK5 burnt orange. So it would get a respray (it would be the first car in my life that would get a complete respray).

If I have to wait to get the Fury till it is an estate sale:
I would like to wait for a minimum of 25+ years from now as I enjoy Steves friendship way more than 2 tons of metal

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back