1973 Fury 1 with 225 slant six engine

The wheels were also used on vehicles equipped with tow packages and I believe wagons.....

Yes, Murray is a great guy

While in Wisconsin I found a 69 Chrysler Newport at Al's auto salvage in Franklin Wisconsin. This car had a really nice trunk pan. Fortunately I brought my battery powered saws-all and some new metal cutting blades with me. Within 30 minutes I had the section I needed for my 73 fury. Newport trunk pan has an additional plug otherwise it's the same. As far as the right corner its the same not sure about the rest of the trunk floor.

Als69NewportA.jpg
Als69NewportD.jpg
Als69NewportE.jpg
Als69NewportG.jpg

Finely after 5 years in storage I'm going to start doing some work to my Fury. Hopefully in a month or two I'll get it on the road. Gas tank, gas tank straps and sending unit should be arriving on Tuesday. My short term goal is to make this thing into a reliable weekend driver. I'll be posting updates.

1st Install gas tank and sending unit
2nd Find out why engine stalls when I put it into gear.
3rd Paint replacement rims and install new Cooper 225/75R15 black wall tires on all 5 rims.
4th Rebuild brakes.
5th Put it on the road and find out how slow it is.

73FuryMoveda.jpg
73FuryMovedb.jpg
73FuryMovedc.jpg

On my way out to a big AMC show in Kenosha Wisconsin I stopped into Murray B Parks in Ohio. Bought a set of four 15 X 6.5 H wheels. These are the heavy duty wheels used on my taxi and I believe police cars and who knows what else. Part number 3580064 near valve stem. Still can't figure out what other Mopar's came with these wheels and why. These came from a 74 fury 2-door. Been looking for these wheels for a long time.

View attachment 137930
View attachment 137931

Murray has lots of cars and parts. It's amazing what he has accumulated over the years. Here are two pictures of one location. Supposedly he has two other locations packed full of C-bodies like this one. Real nice guy.

View attachment 137932

View attachment 137933

I am looking for 2 more of these 15x6.5 H wheels, i did not know they came on Taxi Packages....if anyone has some let me know. Ultimately I want the 15x6 H wheels but as of now I have 3 of the 15x6.5.

71 was the last year for a "non-fleet" Slant 6 C body. After 72 both the Dodge and Plymouth C Body fleet cars (Police and Taxi) were available with a Slant 6. First one I have seen.

Back