For Sale 1974 Dodge Monaco 2DR HT (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Reaction score
Contact seller
She's pretty fine looking:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/dodge/monaco/2159398.html
1974 Dodge Monaco Brougham 2-door Hardtop
63784597-770-0@2X.jpg

63784570-770-0@2X.jpg

63784572-770-0@2X.jpg

63784573-100-0@2X.jpg

63784571-100-0@2X.jpg

63784576-100-0@2X.jpg

63784577-100-0@2X.jpg

63784583-100-0@2X.jpg

63784568-100-0@2X.jpg

63784579-100-0@2X.jpg

63784582-100-0@2X.jpg

63784586-100-0@2X.jpg

63784587-100-0@2X.jpg

63784588-100-0@2X.jpg

63784591-100-0@2X.jpg

63784593-100-0@2X.jpg

63784594-100-0@2X.jpg

63784599-100-0@2X.jpg

Mileage: 35,000
Transmission: Auto
Condition: Good
Exterior: Blue
Interior: Black

Seller’s Description:
1974 Dodge Monaco Brougham 2-door hardtop

Dark blue, black vinyl, only 35,000 original miles, 400 automatic, a/c, ps, pb, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, AM/FM/8-track stereo. New battery, tune-up, carburetor, master cylinder. 100% rust-free (none), runs and drives like it is brand new, original paint, all-original car, interior shows new.

It's a Blue Brother! This may be the sharpest one anyplace, just fully serviced.

Asking only $8,950

When I see this, I wonder if i shouldn't halt my current 2dr hardtop project. This car is better optioned than mine and has a big block instead of a small. I don't think I could get anywhere near this level of completeness on my car for the difference between what I've spent so far and what this guy is asking for his.

Thoughts? Might as well hijack this on post one.

I also can't figure out what that black thing is on the trunk lid.

Last edited:
Jason
Buy it, drive it home.
Hard to beat the low mileage, original ones.
John

Jason
Buy it, drive it home.
Hard to beat the low mileage, original ones.
John

I might feel bad about giving up on my project, but logically I'm not sure it makes sense to continue down my current path.

Somebody help me ... like some of you I have the "disease".

please buy this car or I will be "forced" back into rehab after i wire seller the money ... today.

:)

Seriously, seriously nice car. great price. great condition. everything about it sparkles. Hope it finds a good home for years to come with someone here.

You just do NOT see these with low mileage like this, especially in a 2-door. The blue/black vinyl top is real nice, and dig that brocade-alicous blue fabric, this one has had a nice life.

I sent an inquiry through Hemmings. I'll be following up with a phone call shortly. This might be the right direction for me.

If I had access to 9 grand, it'd already be gone. I wouldn't be able to resist.
Luckily I just blew my last 30 bucks on an inner tie rod end for Beverly.

I sent an inquiry through Hemmings. I'll be following up with a phone call shortly. This might be the right direction for me.

Just make sure YOU put your eyeballs on this car before buying it.

It looks like a solid low mileage car but you have to put eyeballs on it first.

Thanks. Hopefully I get a callback and can get a good feel for the car with additional pictures video.

Anyone have some tips on buying a car remotely? I'm in GA and it's going to be tricky to get to CT in short order to inspect if something develops here. Post purchase I'd probably fly out and drive it back.

My grandfather ordereda his new 4dr sedan Monaco Brougham in this same color and interior but with a blue vinyl top. His also had a 400 4 barrel .... I want this car so bad I can taste it ...:BangHead: just because.

Thanks. Hopefully I get a callback and can get a good feel for the car with additional pictures video. Anyone have some tips on buying a car remotely? I'm in GA and it's going to be tricky to get to CT in short order to inspect if something develops here. Post purchase I'd probably fly out and drive it back.

1978 NYB said it ... get eyeballs on it, and a "butt in the seat." Generally, that's how most people go about a remote purchase evaluation.

A member here might be able to check it out for you. A professional inspection service goes for about $100. Or go up with the cash, inspect it yourself, and buy if it all checks out to your satisfaction (that'll cost more money than either of other two options obviously).

For me, at this price and my personally desire to have this car, all I would do is interview the seller and send money if that checked out. IF I was in doubt, but really wanted it, I send $1,000 non-refundable deposit, then get eyes on it/butts in it, then decide and get it picked up in 5 days or less.

Other people roll differently ... but nearly everybody has some routine/threshhold amount to get comfortable with a remote purchase. Last thought .. when in reasonable doubt, DONT buy. Another will come along ..generally.

In this case though .. maybe not. Condition and price and year may mean you may not see another like it in a LONG time. my $0.02 anyway.

Good luck!!

Is finding a professional inspection service as simple as googling for one in the local market or is there more to it?

Is finding a professional inspection service as simple as googling for one in the local market or is there more to it?

members here can recommend someone locally or a good national outfit, but generally yes, its easy as an internet search:

collector car inspection services - Google Search

more than $150 is probably too much to pay. you can turn it into an ordeal (and I am sure there are horror stories) but my experience is that its pretty routine.

be sure to read what you get in the inspection, whether you can tell them reasonable areas of focus (specific to C bodies) at no additional cost, what they will send you and by when (in case you find yourself in competition with a local buyer), etc.

my two cents again. others can chime in of course.

Find someone to inspect it, I've bought a few without and have paid thousands to correct hidden, unmentioned, and unseen issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back