1975 Imperial barn find Odd Trim tag 5 series

The car is located in the land of sand. Research my other threads and you will kinda find the location. Kinda.
Luckily, there is no moisture here so the bird droppings probably have not done the damage they do elsewhere.
Literally no water. This area got it's first rain last week in over a year and a half. I've had a huge pile of trash I've been waiting to burn for that long.
This is the only 2 door available. If it's available. And it is not available to the public. I have private access to purchase a few rides. I'm trying to determine value of this car so that it may make it's way back onto the market after I spin the tires a little.
Got a valuation from the pics?

I think the car is a '74. No Imperial is listed for '75 Chryslers. Here is the Collector Car Market estimate (again, the car is a No.4 at best):

1974 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LEBARON 440-230hp (8cyl-4V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Htp400074501110019000
4dr Htp355066501000017100

I think the car is a '74. No Imperial is listed for '75 Chryslers. Here is the Collector Car Market estimate (again, the car is a No.4 at best):

#4#3#2#1
It is 100% an early built 1975 based on the vin.

Old car prices are based on Auction results generally. How many of these go up for auction in any given year? So, go on values other members have paid for their cars. Or at least get close.
I paid 5k for my 75 Royal Monaco, 44,062 miles, and I knew it ran, drove, and stopped. The only item that wasn't working was the AC, and I'd buy it again without thinking. You don't know what's good, bad or indifferent. 2500 would be my started point. I don't think I'd go much higher than that... For what it worth.

It is 100% an early built 1975 based on the vin.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. The fender tag info could indicate this car may be one of several early cars destined for the auto show circuit. . .

Even though they messed up on the year for a '75 Imperial, Collector Car Market values are still a good starting point for negotiating.

I will have to look at my 74 to see if it has a unique second tag or not. Never cared to look on this car.

Ok, found this car in a barn. I need to have an understanding of the value of this two door.

Titled.

Drove into the barn when parked.

The trim tag has a second tag that is different than any other I have previously seen.

Series 5 Job Number 0952

Any info on that tag would be much appreciated.

And I really need to understand the value oSf this sweet two d car number is the number off the line. Remember that cars are not built in vin sequence order.oor ride.

Seems fairly obvious.

Series 5 is 1975.
Car number is this car off the line. Remember that cars aren't built in Vin sequence order.

1683133458864.png

1683133271509.png

#4#3#2#1
I believe all 74 imperials had black steering wheels regardless of body/interior color.
This is a 75.

@69CoronetRT I think your thoughts are appreciated in this thread.

I got nothing. I'm just as curious as everyone else.

The only things I can offer:

The door sticker reinforces the SPD on the tag is a guideline and, likely, not the actual date of assembly. Cars were built before and after the SPD.
The total tag reinforces how important the broadcast sheet is to helping determine how and why the car was built. We need to see if there are any Y, or other, codes on the sheet.
VON does not signify anything particularly special or unique about this car.

Job # indicates a special car for a specific purpose like a pilot car for something.
What was the "5 series" ?

Not a 1974. Has a 1975 Grill and steering wheel. Value wise.... Very Lucky if he sees $3000. Also, never seen that much dust and dirt in the vent louvers! Passenger window doesn't look or has been completely shut for a long time! I'd still have to see the lower extremities on this one.

Lots of great info and posts. Much appreciated to all of you for your knowledge. I sure enjoy learning about these.

So, it appears 2500 is the reasonable price to pay for the car. 4000 would be if he pulls it out, shines it up and makes it run. But then he would ask 6.

I'll see what I can do. This is one of the cars that I actually like. If anyone has more info on the car, please spill it.

From the consolidated 1965-1978 model designation pages that @69CoronetRT once shared with us you can see that "series" had different meanings over the years.

1965-1968 meaning 'model year'
1973-1978 meaning 'price class'

As a "5" price class never existed, it seems that on this 1975 fender tag "series" still means 'model year'.
So I would go with @kmccabe56's explanation on this point.

""Seems fairly obvious.
Series 5 is 1975.
Car number is this car off the line. Remember that cars aren't built in Vin sequence order.""

Ok. Makes sense. Hopefully, we will see when I pull a build sheet out of a seat.

It's an early SPD build (817), and the VIN is under 2000...I wonder if that might have something to do with that second tag. Never seen that before, on any Mopar!

Job # indicates a special car for a specific purpose like a pilot car for something.
What was the "5 series" ?

Considering the SPD of 817 and, it shows VIN 101974, it's not a pilot car. Those will have an actual tag that states "pilot car" with the data tag. Yet, that customized '70 'Cuda that has the attention of many, has a VIN of 100005, and an SPD of 801, with no "pilot car" tag. I can't imagine what that "5-series" tag is indicative of. The VON doesn't indicate a special build. This will be an interesting puzzle to solve, no doubt.

Ok, found this car in a barn. I need to have an understanding of the value of this two door.
Titled.
Drove into the barn when parked.

The trim tag has a second tag that is different than any other I have previously seen.

Series 5 Job Number 0952

Any info on that tag would be much appreciated.

And I really need to understand the value of this sweet two door ride.

View attachment 594446
I am sure someone with patience and knowledge can clean it up. Otherwise, with all that mud and dust on the outside, I would think it has been through a Mississippi River flood leaving mud behind. Would still be interesting to know the story behind it. And that 5 series.

Back