1975 Monaco cop car Bluesmobile

Ghostsoldier

Reaction score
Here's my shitbox Dodge, a current WIP...it's an old Ohio State Patrol car, with a '69 440 I had lying around, and a '74 front clip (I've got the '74 bumper, too)...

S6302396.jpg

S6302397.jpg

S6302400.jpg

S6302422.jpg

Gonna break open on it this year, and finally get it done; I'm just now finishing my son's '74 A-body Duster, and it's time I spent some time on my own project cars for a while!
Rob

S6302396.jpg

S6302397.jpg

S6302400.jpg

S6302422.jpg

Nice, looks like you have your work cut out for you. I hope your not going to do the Blues thing......

Thanks guys....there's not too many choices for forums, when it come to late-model C-bodies...I'm glad I found you (via the ABO forum). I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Nice, looks like you have your work cut out for you. I hope your not going to do the Blues thing......

I hate to disappoint ya, Polara, but yeah....I'm one of "those" guys....it's gonna be a Bluesmobile. :) In fact, that's the reason I bought it (I know, in some car circles, the Blues guys are considered 'sacrilegious', but I don't mind ;)).

I've had my share of 'stock' restored Mopars and street machines in the past, and this time around, I'm going for a reasonably screen-accurate car....on a side note, there's a (small) market here for renting movie cars; hell, a buddy of mine down south rents his Blumo for 300-500 bucks per engagement...so, I figure I'll eventually make some money back for all the police items and parts I'm having to buy to make this work!

Besides...it's gonna be a blast to drive! :icon_biggrin:

Rob

Please, please, please! NO MORE BLUESMOBILES! Been done to death.
Restore it as a nice HWP or as a stealth bomber.
But no Bluesmobile.

Please, please, please! NO MORE BLUESMOBILES! Been done to death.
Restore it as a nice HWP or as a stealth bomber.
But no Bluesmobile.

Don't sugar coat it, how do you really feel?:wtg:

Last edited:
I appreciate the comments (and opinions), but my mind is made up...has been for many years, now.

I feel good I saved her from an ignomious fate as a demo derby car, or worse, the crusher.

Bluesmobile it will be. ;)

Rob

Do it!!!!!

I think you should go for it. Yes there are several "Bluesmobile" clones but at least they aren't wearing 28" wheels and some ridiculous paint scheme making you appear to be a sponsor for candy or breakfast cereals. Please post lots of pictures as I love that make and model.:upside down:

I appreciate the comments (and opinions), but my mind is made up...has been for many years, now.

I feel good I saved her from an ignomious fate as a demo derby car, or worse, the crusher.

Bluesmobile it will be. ;)

Rob
Good choice. Keep us posted with your project highlights.

I appreciate the comments (and opinions), but my mind is made up...has been for many years, now. I feel good I saved her from an ignomious fate as a demo derby car, or worse, the crusher. Bluesmobile it will be. ;)

That is good, stick with it and make it what you want. I myself see too many clones, Blues Brothers, General Lees, Christine, Vanishing point cars, American Graffiti Cars, whatever, the list is endless, how many can be done? All are the same....:tiptoe:

Can't do it, guys....spent a few years as an LEO and lived the regimen, and now I want to 'live outside the law' a little....being a Blues Brother, even if on the weekends, will be my release! :icon_biggrin:

Rob

Back