SOLD Bluesmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a lot of folks will be scratching their heads at that one!

I already am.

IMG_20180528_141616.png

That car was purpose built to run this years Great Race BUT it ended up being too radical with a new 1000 plus HP pump gas 572 hemi in it. Every component on the whole car is brand new with a 300 dollar shell on it. My driver is mid 70's and we went out to practice in it, no way. It is cool at the cars shows and badazz fast. That thing-a-ma-jig is a Timewise electromagnetic rally speedometer for road rally.

Fourdoor.JPG

WOW, while I am not surprised, I still find it shocking the negativity coming from this group.

Spyphish -

Firstly the crotchety old dudes on this site are notoriously cheap. They'll tell you formal error cars are not that valuable and not in demand. While that may certainly be true of New Yorkers and Imperials, the same cannot be said of Monaco's, which are wildly in demand. The front-end alone of a '74 Monaco is worth as much as they think a whole car is worth.

Secondly there is a disdain for Bluesmobiles or anything that has been wildly modified from the way Mother Mopar built them in this group, so don't expect much support when it comes to trying to sell a car that can and will get 4-5 times what their "equivalent" formal error car would get.

Well done Bluesmobiles can and will get anywhere from 15-25k, especially with the go fast goodies, you just have to market it to the right group (this isn't it).

Brian

Never said I speak for this forum, all I can do is speak from my experience on this forum. If you disagree with what I say, then say you disagree. Don't ask a silly question like a man with 12 posts speaks for this forum? You're backing up your own ignorance with comments like that.

I'm not speaking for the teacher, nor am I speaking for you either. I'm entitled to an opinion just as you are. Just because you're old doesn't mean I need to sit down and keep quiet. This is an internet forum, not some lemonade social at the barn. Being respectful is a two way street, so you'll get as good as you give.

All this aside, I like the car and I hope you get what you have into it.:thumbsup:

WOW, while I am not surprised, I still find it shocking the negativity coming from this group.

:rofl:

I think the famous Usenet saying is appropriate here, "Do you look to see if water is in the pool before you 'Dive In'?"

:lol:

I love Bluesmobiles, I just don't see 20k. I like the car, that would be great if it gets the asking price, the value of other cars from that year should appreciate as well, helping the market grow financially. But how often does a car sell for what's into it, I think that's worth pointing out.

I'm a young crotchety old dude at 42.

I love Bluesmobiles, I just don't see 20k. I like the car, that would be great if it gets the asking price, the value of other cars from that year should appreciate as well, helping the market grow financially. But how often does a car sell for what's into it, I think that's worth pointing out.

I'm a young crotchety old dude at 42.

Yes, it is worth mentioning that it's the quality of the work that has been questioned, not the "concept".

No shroud, weird mix of chrome and rust hardwarestore fasteners, no heater hoses, household wire nuts, good luck troubleshooting whatever the hell that relay controls... Need I go on? I wouldn't trust that to get me to the cruise night, let alone run from the Illinois State Fuzz. And for $20k?!

IMG_20180529_204818.png

IMG_20180529_204724.png

IMG_20180529_204714.png

First rule, you're lucky to get HALF of what you have into the car, unless you sell to a nitwit who doesn't know anything. Second rule, same as the first. I can appreciate the work involved, but these cars don't sell like flying Orange Chargers do. There is only a number of dedicated fans that want these cars, and they know what they are worth. The value of the 74 up C bodies aren't that high, as demand is low. Good luck with the sale, but if you're looking for $20k, it will be for sale for a long time.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 9.21.40 PM.png

Yes, it is worth mentioning that it's the quality of the work that has been questioned, not the "concept".

No shroud, weird mix of chrome and rust hardwarestore fasteners, no heater hoses, household wire nuts, good luck troubleshooting whatever the hell that relay controls... Need I go on? I wouldn't trust that to get me to the cruise night, let alone run from the Illinois State Fuzz. And for $20k?!

View attachment 188262

View attachment 188263

View attachment 188264

Well EXCUSE ME for posting a motor pic to get the junk to paint. You like this better? This is a fun car that we put 150 miles on today. For you only, BLUELIGHT SPECIAL $40K. Just kidding. I love this thread and the folks on it.. Will be in Mount Prospect on June 16th if you want to inspect the quality and the driveline will be transferred to the Lemons 24 car on the lift for November race. BASH AWAY!!! This thread should be C Bodies for Bash and Free Stephen Hebert

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

Last edited:
Well EXCUSE ME for posting a motor pic to get the junk to paint. We have two shrouds and fan clutches for final build. You like this better? This is a fun car that we put 150 miles on today. For you only, BLUELIGHT SPECIAL $40K. Just kidding. I love this thread and the folks on it.. Will be in Mount Prospect on June 16th if you want to inspect the quality and the driveline will be transferred to the Lemons 24 car on the lift for November race. BASH AWAY!!! This thread should be C Bodies for Bash and Free Stephen Hebert

View attachment 188269

View attachment 188270

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back