SOLD 1977 PK41 Fury Police Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paint prep and a closeup of the (NON) rot box under the wiper motor. SOLID

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Out of curiosity - why go to all that work and not remove the 2 antennas, let them fall down inside, and get a good finish underneath them?
Not taking the rear bumper off I understand.

Will do. I have a wild bunch tape crew. Paint booth scheduled for this weekend and pick up front seat today. Phish

I'm disappointed the car only got a masking tape job. Stripped down to the body would have been nice.

I'm disappointed the car only got a masking tape job. Stripped down to the body would have been nice.
Have a bunch of those already. It was nice enough without paint so anything will be better. Pulled the antennas and Boyd trying to fix every pebble pock with spot putty. Trying to stay "right side up" on this one.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

True, but any copcar this old, that's still around, is a survivor.
Unlike the Camaros and Corvettes that got stored and pampered from day one.

Phish - if there are any head-sized dents on the roof above the back doors - leave 'em in! I loved those on my old Dippy.

There goes the 'Survivor' status... :(
We have Mopar "survivor" cars that Bloomberg categorized as Benchmark status when they started evaluating steel cars. High dollar junk. LOL We are painting this so it will survive. New Mexico gets less that a foot of rain a year and we get almost 6 feet so it would have gone down fast since it will not be in climate control. In fact we have 4 inches predicted Fri/Sat. It will last my remaining lifetime unless someone "sees the light" and buys it. Deck lid had a gravity mishap somewhere which is why we had to fix the surface rust on the trunk floor. Hate bondo and had a perfect one off Lemons Monaco so will change that out. Pic of the only dent which we will fix without drilling holes. Hope to shoot Sunday
IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

Last edited:
There goes the 'Survivor' status... :(
Speaking of survivor, the deer did not make it. This picture is the winter of 66 with the original owner of a Custom Deluxe Hemi Coronet, 1 of 18. Notice the NH Dodge dealership in the background. I am the 2nd owner of the car and it has been used in the cross country Great Race twice, now showing 96k miles. Scratches from the antlers are still on the car. Now this is a "survivor". Mecum 2019??? Maybe.....

hemideer.jpg

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

Speaking of survivor, the deer did not make it. This picture is the winter of 66 with the original owner of a Custom Deluxe Hemi Coronet, 1 of 18. Notice the NH Dodge dealership in the background. I am the 2nd owner of the car and it has been used in the cross country Great Race twice, now showing 96k miles. Scratches from the antlers are still on the car. Now this is a "survivor". Mecum 2019??? Maybe.....

View attachment 234559

View attachment 234560

View attachment 234561

Beautiful car!

What engine is in the other car?

Beautiful car!

What engine is in the other car?
Both cars are 426 Hemi Custom Deluxe (post cars) 1 of 18 auto and 1 of 31 4 speed. A matching set of survivors. The only matching set except color. Cert card, dealer invoice, build sheet etc etc exist on both cars. They stay in climate control where ole' whitey will be with the mower.LOL PS This ole' cop car just thinks it can "fry" tires. These guys are BAD!!!!

IMG_0310.JPG

photo (8).JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

Will finish interior today and head to paint booth. Made good use of Hemi Shootout posters. Gonna' love the color.

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Nice day so we did the jams, wheels and under trunk here at the shop. Dropped in the front seat so just a vacuum and cover tape removal from a complete nice interior. Trailer to paint booth tomorrow. Everything going good so far.

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Well the graze of the winter storm postponed paint booth trip. Nice today so we did the hood bottom. Should be this weekend as all that's left is put the hood on and a 320 rubdown. Miss driving it.

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

OMG>How on earth did you come across those coronets with 426.The interesting thing was chrysler would put a 426 hemi in a huge variety of cars.But one with a 4speed,wow.Museum cars ,really.Congratulations.Make sure you know exactly where you want those cars to go in your later years.wow.wow.wow.B.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back