For Sale 1977 T&C Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, but with all this wagon talk lately I've been looking closer lately. The price has come down 2k so far.

1977 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon Only 68k Miles Extremely Ra - $10500 (Clackamas/Sunnyside)
Make: Chrysler
Model: Town & Country
Year: 1977
Mileage: 68000
VIN #: CP46T7D171222
Condition: Excellent
Exterior Color: Russet Metallic
Interior Color: Brown
Body Style: Station Wagon
Drive Type: Automatic
Engine Displacement: 440ci V8
Drive Train: Rear Wheel Drive
Title: Clean/Clear
DESCRIPTION

I came across this beautiful station wagon last year. It had been sitting in a garage since the mid 1980s. I knew I had to have it. Only 5365 built. Not many left. Like many my age the car brings me back to my youth. Almost every family in my neighborhood had a station wagon. This was the crown jewel. The biggest and most luxurious wagon on the market.

I have owned many wood paneled station wagons over the years: Country Squire, Colony Park, Custom Cruiser and have always wanted one of these. The last of the big block 440ci. I've enjoyed bringing it back to life but it's time to pass it on and let someone else appreciate it.

This car had good bones to begin with. It is rust free. I have had the following work done:

* New Paint.
* New wood-grain vinyl paneling.
* Complete major tune-up including all new hoses and belts.
* Re-manufactured carburetor.
* Upgraded modern electronic ignition.
* New fuel tank.
* Renovated brake system including master cylinder, brake lines, brake pads, rotors, brake shoes, drums and wheel cylinders.
* Undercoated.
* Detailed engine compartment.
* AC converted and recharged with R134a.
* New tires.

I'm sure there are several other things I've forgotten to list. All windows work though the driver window switch is temperamental. Clock works. Antenna works. Carpet is original and is getting thin and brittle in areas. There is a seam in the armrest giving out and a couple small rips in the headliner and visor.

Remember, this is not a new car. It is gorgeous but it is 40 years old. Would I get in it and drive it across the country? No. But someone certainly could if they really wanted to. I've been very thorough in making sure this is a reliable turn-key driver and I sure enjoy driving it around town on nice days. It gets a lot of attention and there is no end to folks wanting to reminisce about the good old days when you pull up in this gentle giant. Smiles everywhere. Comes with Owner's Manual and Sales Brochures.

EXTERIOR AMENITIES

• Full-size Spare
    • Front Air Dam
    • Roof Rack
ELECTRONICS

• AM/FM Radio
    • 8 Track Player
    • Electric Clock
ACCESSORIES

• Power Seats
    • Power Doors
    • Power Windows
    • Air Conditioning
    • Cruise Control
    • Tilt
    • 00J0J_4JZ7Tx3ktP4_600x450.jpg
      01111_gcRbYgSoZLP_600x450.jpg
      00i0i_cvCPp1aXUeV_600x450.jpg
      00W0W_cxj2BCx0H7g_600x450.jpg
      00Q0Q_dlv4rNNh9K4_600x450.jpg
      00303_48TSfdNxpCN_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they would of made these with the New Yorker front facia with the hideaway headlights like the mid '70's Rpyal Monaco wagons..

[
:rolleyes:

But a year was long enough.[/QUOTE]

Hey at least he took care of it and is finding it a new home. Sounds like he is an older guy, probably trying to simplify his life.

But a year was long enough.
Hey at least he took care of it and is finding it a new home. Sounds like he is an older guy, probably trying to simplify his life.
I at least would have worded the ad differently to NOT look like an azzhole.
Yes, I had to sell Bittersweet after owning it for too short a time so it may be true here, also. Just doesn't come across that way.

Hard to say why he's selling it.

Back when I was younger I liked to find neglected cars and get them road-ready again. Didn't restore them, but got them to where you could drive them cross-country if you wanted to. After keeping them about a year I wanted them to go away so I could do it again. This guy might be the same way -- and I doubt he's making much $$ on this one.

I at least would have worded the ad differently to NOT look like an azzhole.
Yes, I had to sell Bittersweet after owning it for too short a time so it may be true here, also. Just doesn't come across that way.

I'd give the guy a break...I know that when I had to sell my Imperials, my thoughts were not exactly organized.

I think the price is right for a restored Formal wagon. Not many restored one out there and this one is a beauty in a great colour.

I'm worried that I won't be able to part with any of my babies ....stupid addiction
IMG_6340.JPG

FWIW... I have another week before I am due back to work... I have chosen to enjoy my time off by abandoning my 30 year vice... and I broke down and just bought a pack last night. My head goes into such an evil fog... I have been trying not to speak or write too much.

If I hadn't bought those cigarettes last night, I believe I may have issued walking papers to the little lady... not something to do in a moment of weakness.

That first cigarette again after abstinence... Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
Are you sure she wouldn't have given YOU your walking papers? :p

That first cigarette again after abstinence... Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
Are you sure she wouldn't have given YOU your walking papers? :p
Well... it is my house...
Sorry to hear about the setback Jeff. Do yourself a favor....... destroy them in a dramatic fashion........ :soapbox:
I have been burning the rotten little things... slowly and one at a time so the rest will know fear...

FWIW... I have another week before I am due back to work... I have chosen to enjoy my time off by abandoning my 30 year vice... and I broke down and just bought a pack last night. My head goes into such an evil fog... I have been trying not to speak or write too much.

If I hadn't bought those cigarettes last night, I believe I may have issued walking papers to the little lady... not something to do in a moment of weakness.

Hang in there Jeff.. Women have a tendency of doing that to us men lol.. you can beat those things, you're better than that.. beat them! not her !! Lol

Hang in there Jeff.. Women have a tendency of doing that to us men lol.. you can beat those things, you're better than that.. beat them! not her !! Lol
I wouldn't dare touch her... but I sure could say something stupid once in a while. 5th time she flooded the Expedition and couldn't restart it...:BangHead:. And after I put some new plugs in it, she just wants to sell the damn thing anyhow... could be worse, 4.6L 2valve...

HowTF do you flood an FI engine?
Wait, never mind. She's a woman.
She has insisted that ever since I put the new/used engine in it 3-4 years ago, I had instructed her to give it gas while starting...

We have been "enjoying" the how to start a car conversation for the last several months as she has continued to flood it. At the beginning, I was able to talk her through "clear flood" procedures and she was able to continue on her way. Due to other things clouding her judgement lately, she has been unable/unwilling to follow any direction from me... and when I do show up and start it she just looks at me like I'm F-ing with her.

She is in a financial pinch. I was going to take it off her hands and give it to my sister, but instead I have been paying for a JD BYRYDER 84% interest rate special... that way nobodies feelings get hurt. I offered to help her sell it, and she bit my head off... 2001 200k mile 2wd 4.6L... runs good when starts... I think its worth somewhere between 1-2k... I wish I had practical use for it, it gets better mileage than the suburban, but cant haul drywall.

Hand her a can of starting fluid and tell her to use it until it blows up then of to the scrap yard, problem solved. Keep smoking, if you have more money that you can throw away you will buy more formals driving the price up and my cheap *** will never get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back