NOT MINE 1978 4x4 dodge 3500 ,23 k miles - $7,500 (Wi rapids)

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
not mine

1978 4x4 dodge 3500 ,23 k miles - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...
00I0I_b6qJNtqMJaa_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00707_khNW2MPChSc_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00z0z_gOpck05gD2b_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00m0m_aIoEYGaOXcK_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00d0d_hKWSav1BG1p_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00404_hGSSdzWFaiL_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

1978 1 ton 4x4 , 400 engine with 4 speed, only 23 k original miles very clean, runs and drives great must see , good tires , has 300 gallon water tank with working pump, will drive anywhere it is very reliable and everything works $7500

Only 23,000 miles but probably a lot of hours idling on it. Nevertheless, I love it. Not sure what I'd do with it but if it was local...

I'd buy that thing and start a business where I stayed near it at all times, even sleep next to it. Then I'd put my phone number out there for people to call if they have a fire. I'd show up in that truck and use the water pump to drown fires. Then the callers would pay me for the service. I'd even offer some kind of "pay ahead" program where groups of people could buy the service in advance, maybe I'd send a bill in the winter and fall based on how hard the fire would be to put out, given the size of the house. That's what I would do.

I'd buy that thing and start a business where I stayed near it at all times, even sleep next to it. Then I'd put my phone number out there for people to call if they have a fire. I'd show up in that truck and use the water pump to drown fires. Then the callers would pay me for the service. I'd even offer some kind of "pay ahead" program where groups of people could buy the service in advance, maybe I'd send a bill in the winter and fall based on how hard the fire would be to put out, given the size of the house. That's what I would do.
That's similar to what we have here Chris. Subscription fire service. Since we're in an unincorporated area of the county we have no city fire protection. We pay around $400 per year. If you don't subscribe they will still respond and fight the fire or render emergency medical care but will then charge you around $1000 an hour for each truck that responds.

What if you tell them no, don't put it out? Let it burn .
Do they still do it ?
Not sure if that's ever come up Dave. I guess if it's your house on fire or your heart about to bust you'd have the final say. Maybe you want to try and find it cheaper somewhare else? :lol:

Not sure if that's ever come up Dave. I guess if it's your house on fire or your heart about to bust you'd have the final say. Maybe you want to try and find it cheaper somewhare else? :lol:
That's where I'd step in. Also would offer discount to Mopar people... And let KIAs burn.

Very cool! I have a red '78 Power Wagon 4 X 4 too, and if I had the room, I'd snag that puppy. It shouldn't last long at that price.

I wonder what gears with the 400. A 318 likely would have 4.56/4.88.
Also, those are weird valve covers? Kinda opposite of the normal BB truck power brake covers with that bulge in them

There was one at least five years back similar to this, but the seller took the box off and made it a flatbed. Had a two speed rear, said it was a 50mph truck, but could pull trees with the granny low 1st gear. This would be a workhorse of a truck, wish I was a player.

Back