1978 NYB New Engine.....

Having a grand old time wasting the afternoon at the MVA renewing registration on 3 vehicles....

20190404_141243.jpg

Last edited:
Bob, can't you renew registrations on line in MD?

I'm 100% VA disabled. Can't renew those online. I have to bring in my VA Disability Certification documents so they can look at my documents again and say yep you are 100% disabled.

I can totally understand why they have armed State Police at the MVA. I've been here 2 hours and it is unbelievable the amount of employees that are walking around the place not doing anything. And the ones working the counters take care of 1 or 2 people and than they take a 20 minute or longer break. This is even slower than the SSA office! LOL!

The state police have a standup desk near the entrance door when you enter the MVA. There was a kid about 4 years old sneaking up to the front of the desk and then pushed off of it and ran to his dad or baby daddy or whoever he was. The guy sitting next to the baby daddy asked him what the kid was doing. Without hesitation he said practicing running from the police. I almost fell off the bench and l haven't laughed that hard or loud in a long time. Those 2 guys turned around and just glared at me. **** them! Who let's their kid do something like that!!!

One more major project for the NYB.

I need to run an electric fuel pump set up to eliminate the vapor lock problem.

Any recommendations on an electric fuel pump and pressure regulator? Should I go with an external pump or in-tank pump?

I can get a new fuel tank from Quanta if I need it. I'll have to call them and or find fuel tank straps and a filler neck and parts. Any idea where to get new straps and a filler neck?

Screenshot_20191214-092824_Chrome.jpg

Filler neck is probably a wrecker only item...not sure about the straps.

Are you considering going EFI in the future? If you are, I like pumps in the tank. I believe Holley and someone else has a kit to put a pump in any tank.

Personally, since you are starting out with a new tank down on the bench, I'd do it properly and drop in a quality fuel pump.
When it finally needs to be replaced, we'll be looooooong gone by then.

Are you considering going EFI in the future? If you are, I like pumps in the tank. I believe Holley and someone else has a kit to put a pump in any tank.

Probably not.....

I already have $800 in the Holley Quick Fuel carb, $300 in the Eddie intake, $300 in linkage, fuel lines, adapters and stuff, $200 in the air cleaner assembly. And probably more money in other related stuff.

I wouldn't say never to EFI but not in the near future.

All of those will work for what you want to do. You do have a lot invested in the carb, but if you do decide EFI in the future I would suggest something like the Holley Sniper EFI. Just bolt it in place of the carb, wire and plumb the fuel to it.

All of those will work for what you want to do. You do have a lot invested in the carb, but if you do decide EFI in the future I would suggest something like the Holley Sniper EFI. Just bolt it in place of the carb, wire and plumb the fuel to it.

That is a nice EFI system.

And it would give me a little hood clearance.

Back