1978 NYB Preservation Project....Sort of

I'm kind of getting excited to bring to Carlisle this year.

I saw that center seam and was trying to remember if that was right.

Well, in about an hour I take her to the bodyshop. Just got confirmation that SMS Autofabrics is cutting my new top and we speak. It is going to totally change the look of my NYB going from a black top back to the blue top she was born with.

Come to think of it....

There was a lot of mods that I discovered when I bought my car many years ago. It had a factory AM/FM/CB radio that didn't work. Once I dove into it I discovered that the factory power antenna was long gone and was replaced by an aftermarket junk antenna that was broken and didn't work. There was also some burnt aftermarket wiring that hooked up to the radio. The radio was toast too. There was a sticker on the side of the radio that said it was serviced and modified by some company that I'm sure is out of business by now.

Well, in about an hour I take her to the bodyshop. Just got confirmation that SMS Autofabrics is cutting my new top and we speak. It is going to totally change the look of my NYB going from a black top back to the blue top she was born with.

Are they repainting her as well?

It's been a long day! I literally just got home from work. The NYB work has started. Here's the last of the before pictures...

DSC03447.JPG

DSC03448.JPG

DSC03450.JPG

Damn do those quarter pics look FAMILIAR!! lol.

Roof looks a lot better then I thought it was going too.

Yep, that's what my bodywork expert said. The worst is actually on the front of the roof. The rail around the rear window is rock solid. I thought that was going to be the worst part but no it's the top of the roof. I almost fell down when I saw what he cut out of th rear quarters but he said tht it;ll be easy to fix that. I feeling better (a lot better) now after talking to him and seeing the worst of the rust on the NYB. I'm confident that it'll easily survive the 20-30 years I hope I have left. I'll be 91 in 30 years and I'll be proud to pass the NYB on to the next guy!

Sorry about the crappy pictures....

It was very sunny and I was in semi shell-shocked state when I saw the rust. I sure could of used Polara Dave today to be the cameraman! LOL!

Damn do those quarter pics look FAMILIAR!! lol.

Roof looks a lot better then I thought it was going too.

I was really worried that he was going to tell me that it was too far gone and couldn't be repaired.

Back