2020 Jeep Gladiator

They claim they can't sell "sedans", but look at the mix of "sedans" from the USA makers. On the GM side, Cruze replaced the Cobalt, but with a significant price increase for a nicer car and "new tech". Current Impala uses a Cadillac architecture, with a significant price increase over the past models. The Taurus (originally "500") is a nice car, but unremarkable, but many would like to drive a Mustang with an F-series as its companion in the carport. Ford has traditionally, over the past decades, changed its smaller fwd cars out every so often, by observation. Ford's strength in their small fwd cars is their Euro associates and some of the great cars they race over there.

The smaller "sedans" typically have poor "stuff" carrying capacity for younger families. Enter the car-based utilities. Wonder how many of the smaller Jeep owners know there might be a Fiat hiding under there, somewhere?

So, several dynamics at play with the GM decision. Small cars are good for little else than transporting 1-2 people to work or on erands. 4-door pickups are the highest volume light truck vehicle. So the Chevy Equinox/GMC Terrain size of vehicle seems to be a nice fit/compromise for many who can't afford the $60k pickups or the $35K "sedans" of a size that might be too big for their needs.

By observation, whenever a USA car company abandons a particular market segment, the Asians/Oriental brands drive right into that void and then own that segment. Why can't the "money people" in MI understand that HISTORY? Product that might not sell should not be built.

Chrysler had some good selling vehicles in the Stratus/Cirrus cars. They were right-size and the 4cyls got really good fuel economy for back then. Then look what Daimler did to them! Poor market decisions killed that market segment for Chrysler, by observation. Kind of like going from the ForwardLook cars (with the cloud cars) and replacing them with a '54 Chrysler for the next model year!

Look who owns the midsize and smaller markets NOW. Oh well, maybe somebody with a memory can get to work in MI?

On the other hand, GM might be trying to be ahead of the curve for metro-area vehicles. But how well will those vehicles sell in Earth, TX? Driving more people into fwd utilities? Or 4-dr HD2500 diesel pickup trucks?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

PA will class that as a truck with a weight class. They get more money for you driving around with that useless box on the back.

Last edited:
th?id=OIP.L5M0QZvi7zmC7PyRJGMaawHaEj&pid=15.jpg

maybe when they make one like this that will haul a ton of stone while climbing a telephone pole, i would consider an excellent used one.

They have sold several Trailhawks at my local Dodge Dealer. Everyone of them that I saw had a window sticker of at least $78k. Those Trailhawks are on the showroom floor and gone in a week. I asked and they said they sell them as fast as they get them.

They have sold several Trailhawks at my local Dodge Dealer. Everyone of them that I saw had a window sticker of at least $78k. Those Trailhawks are on the showroom floor and gone in a week. I asked and they said they sell them as fast as they get them.

Trackhawk

JeepTrackHawk.gif

Graham.....will Mopar ever put that engine in a Ram?

I'm sure they would sell every single one that they would produce.

Oh please no they already cheapened the Hemi name with it in 9 bazzillion trucks let the cars have something that is not contaminated by 6000# overweight pigs.
Quit trying to make trucks fast. All the racing sanctioning bodies have tried truck racing and it never works.
Put trucks back in the workplace not at scoccer practice.
"Gladiator"? Really? They could have picked a better name. I can see the LGTBQ gang lining up right now.:rofl:

I'm pretty sure it was a option or trim level from back in Jeep's history, not just a pull it out their a$$ name.

The rumour is yes there is a SRT truck in the works with a Hellcat motor. A Dealer in Eastern Canada was doing this swap on their own a la Grand Spaulding Dodge. We would love to see a production version.

The rumour is yes there is a SRT truck in the works with a Hellcat motor. A Dealer in Eastern Canada was doing this swap on their own a la Grand Spaulding Dodge. We would love to see a production version.

Are they building any of the supercharged vehicles with E-torque?

Are they building any of the supercharged vehicles with E-torque?

Nope and to be honest I haven’t seen any reason to. If there is a fuel saving benefit to it I haven’t seen one. However I did place an order for a Patriot Blue Limited with E-Torque and the Indigo Blue/Beige interior for myself.
9242FA45-835B-40BF-9699-E1CB7E3EE57A.jpeg

Now just have to figure out how to tell the wife.....

The "Gladiator" name has been around a for years. As much as I don't care for the new version, I'm glad to see the name live on.
1965-gladiator-front-lead.jpg
jeep_gladiator_tow_truck_1.jpg
1968-Jeep-Gladiator.jpg

Nope and to be honest I haven’t seen any reason to. If there is a fuel saving benefit to it I haven’t seen one. However I did place an order for a Patriot Blue Limited with E-Torque and the Indigo Blue/Beige interior for myself.
View attachment 234144

It's refreshing to see colours other than black and grey for interiors.

View attachment 234144

That interior looks very nice!

Good luck telling the wife! Lol

Here's a truck that obviously does some heavy hauling. :wtf:

View attachment 234131
Yeah bet it's great in the snow. Ice, salt, calcium chloride, and sand should do a number on those stupid wheels, not to mention the moon crater sized pot holes that will be out shortly. People are so stupid there is no way the human race will survive another 150 years at this rate.
I really would hate to see the Hellcat engine whored out to the pick up crowd but more power to FCA make them sell them and charge 150,000, the dumbasses will line up (that's when the Darwin purge should happen). At least Fiat is smarter than the Merc brass, give them what they want and rape their wallets for every dime.

Back