235/60-15 for Front of '65 Monaco?

65Monaco

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that 235/60-15 tired on 15x7"; steel cop rims will fit the front of my '65 Monaco, without any rubbing issues?
The rims have 4"bs.
Thanks

Last edited:
Test fit one first, I think you'll have rubbing issues. For some reason at one time I stuck the wheels/tires off my Cuda on the Polara and they rubbed bad on the frame rail. I think those were 245/15's on 8" Rally rims so not quite apples to apples, but as I recall I had major rub issues so you very probably could also.
Mike

I'd like to figure it out before I buy tires if I can.. Hopefully, someone here has done it with good results. Thanks

I have 245/60 14x7 on my 66 Polara, would have to double check backspace. Plenty of room when I crank the wheel.

I can say I have that size tire on the front of my car and there not even close to rubbing. I don't have steel wheels but they are 15x7. A wider wheel and I'm certain a 255 would fit up front without issue.

245/60 15 on 7" with 3.75 BS on my 65 300. At full lock the tire just makes slight contact with the front lower edge of the wheel opening. If your shape is slightly different, results will vary. The extra 1/4" BS may also work in your favour. Best I can come up with for you.

245/60 15 on 7" with 3.75 BS on my 65 300. At full lock the tire just makes slight contact with the front lower edge of the wheel opening. If your shape is slightly different, results will vary. The extra 1/4" BS may also work in your favour. Best I can come up with for you.

Awesome! Thank you!

Back