2nd Annual C Body Meet at Volo Auto Museum June 23, 2018

With just over 4 months away, and seeing the responses coming in on the sticky thread in the General Discussions link, it looks like this year's event has the potential to be bigger and better than the first time we did this.
Volo Auto Museum has much to offer, and the grounds are perfect for car show events for those who have yet to visit their museum.
Our C Bodies will have a designated parking area, steps from the entrance to the museum and other amenities on the property.
For those traveling to the event who may want to stay in a nearby hotel or camp site, log onto www.volocars.com for lodging information.
On the day of the show, registration for your vehicle will be at located at the pop up tent, and when registered, your name will be entered into a drawing later in the day for a prize.
For those who plan on attending, I ask you respond to this thread and let me know if you are coming alone or with others, so that I can keep a running tally on how many will be participating, which will be needed for the food order.
Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.
Thanks FCBO
sixpkrt
To make this official will be there w/ 69 300 vert.

20171014_110941.jpg

@davidhill, that's a great looking 300. Will be glad to see it again this year along with all the others on June 23rd. The count down is less than 100 days.

As the date gets closer, I will need to get a vehicle count to Volo of the expected cars that will be there so that they keep enough space reserved for us.
So, to anybody who has not already mentioned they will be attending, let me know what you're bringing to the event.
Thanks!

I'm in, it's just me going as Laura can't travel well in an old car. :( I'm booking a hotel tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: I've booked a hotel!

Last edited:
I haven't been on here lately, but I noticed yesterday was the 23rd, which means we are just 3 months away from the 2nd annual C Body show at Volo Auto Museum.
Last year, some people who came to the event found out about the meet on their FB sites. If someone on FCBO wants to re-post the show on FB, have at it, as I'm not on there.
As of now, there are about a dozen cars showing up, which is great news, but as previously mentioned, I need to know who else plans on coming with their C Body, so I can let the folks at Volo know.
Last year, there was another car club that showed up for their own meet, which I knew nothing about. I don't want us to run into a problem where we won't have enough parking spots for our C Bodies in case another car club is having an event on the same day.
The date will be here before you know it. Make plans now, and keep me updated so we don't have any parking issues the day of our meet.
Thanks FCBO.
sixpkrt

Ordering windshield today! I guess I could save some money and just use a helmet!

Im out of C bodies, having sold my 72 Town and Country. Ill be bringing my 81 Imp Frank Sinatra if that's permissible?

Im out of C bodies, having sold my 72 Town and Country. Ill be bringing my 81 Imp Frank Sinatra if that's permissible?
Heck Glenn I'd enjoy meeting you and seeing that car, drive it!

glennb49, drive that Imperial down from Wisconsin. Let me know how many will be coming with you.
Oh, and bring some of your C body buddies and their cars from up north with you too.

Can you believe it. 78 days away from FCBO event at Volo Auto Museum .
I am sure everyone here in the midwest can't wait until the weather breaks, and are looking forward for all the road salt to be washed away so that we can get our rides out of storage, back on the road, and down to Volo. :steering:
So, who else is planning on making this event? (need to know the numbers for the parking & food counts)
Thanks FCBO
sixpkrt

Ill see if Pete can bring his 78 St Regis or 62 300 Rag and Ill see if my brother inlaw can bring one of his 63 Polara 500s or 78 Supper Coupe How about my new 94 RoadMonster wagon!!

DSCN1100.JPG

DSCN1099.JPG

DSCN1814 (2).JPG

Just kidding, bought to pull my camper now that I'm retiring. Its supposed to be good for 25MPG with the LT1 Vet engine, Its the last rear wheel drive real wagon built in its day, my 72 Town and Country got 7MPG with or with out the camper! Do miss her though It goes good with my 53 Buick Roadmaster Skylark!

DSCN1539 (3).JPG

DSCN1811 (2).JPG

DSCN2170 (2).JPG

Lets see your FS Imp glennb49.
That 62 is one of my favorites.

wow Glenn, I forgot you took that picture of all of my cars in a row beginning with the '62 300 Convertible. We will see if I can get enough help running to the 2018 Celebrate Waupun car show on July 1, 2018.

I shared the event flyer in various Facebook groups to try after get more cars and maybe new members to the site too. I'll share again a couple weeks before too.

Good to see you over the weekend at the swap meet in Rockford.
Thanks for getting the word out to FB members. Hopefully they'll sign up on FCBO and reply to this thread.

With just over 4 months away, and seeing the responses coming in on the sticky thread in the General Discussions link, it looks like this year's event has the potential to be bigger and better than the first time we did this.
Volo Auto Museum has much to offer, and the grounds are perfect for car show events for those who have yet to visit their museum.
Our C Bodies will have a designated parking area, steps from the entrance to the museum and other amenities on the property.
For those traveling to the event who may want to stay in a nearby hotel or camp site, log onto www.volocars.com for lodging information.
On the day of the show, registration for your vehicle will be at located at the pop up tent, and when registered, your name will be entered into a drawing later in the day for a prize.
For those who plan on attending, I ask you respond to this thread and let me know if you are coming alone or with others, so that I can keep a running tally on how many will be participating, which will be needed for the food order.
Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.
Thanks FCBO
sixpkrt
I will be there again this year.

Back