2nd Annual C Body meet

Certainly would enjoy meeting some of you and checking out your vehicles, count this newbie in!

Paul

A few photos from last year...

IMG_20171021_135911.jpg

IMG_20171021_121330.jpg

IMG_20171021_143019.jpg

IMG_20171021_142947.jpg

IMG_20171021_121330.jpg

I updated the first post in this thread with the "Ruled Out" days for the meet so that every sees it when first clicking on this thread.
By eliminating those dates, there are 12 weekends left to choose from between the beginning June through the end of September, for the FCBO meet.
I'd like to know from any FCBO members who are planning on attending, which day, either Saturday or Sunday, is prefered to do this as well.

I updated the first post in this thread with the "Ruled Out" days for the meet so that every sees it when first clicking on this thread.
By eliminating those dates, there are 12 weekends left to choose from between the beginning June through the end of September, for the FCBO meet.
I'd like to know from any FCBO members who are planning on attending, which day, either Saturday or Sunday, is prefered to do this as well.
I like Saturdays. How about June 3rd?

Hoping to get all the details nailed down for the 2nd Annual FCBO event over the next couple weeks.
Drilling down on the most important topic is the Date of the event. As some have already suggested, Saturday would be the best day for the meet. With already knowing there are a couple additional days that are ruled out for FCBO members who want to attend who have already made other commitments, the following Saturdays between June & September are available:
June: 9th - 16th -23rd - 30th
July: 7th -28th
August: 4th -25th
September: 15th - 22nd -29th
Details for the complimentary food that will be provided at the event will be published soon once those are finalized as well.

Hoping to get all the details nailed down for the 2nd Annual FCBO event over the next couple weeks.
Drilling down on the most important topic is the Date of the event. As some have already suggested, Saturday would be the best day for the meet. With already knowing there are a couple additional days that are ruled out for FCBO members who want to attend who have already made other commitments, the following Saturdays between June & September are available:
Details for the complimentary food that will be provided at the event will be published soon once those are finalized as well.
Can you make it closer to Florida? I'd love to attend...:lol:

Saturdays between June & September are available:

I hope everyone that made it last year can make the meet in 2018.
For all the FCBO members who couldn't join us, and to all the new members who have joined FCBO since last year, this is a good opportunity to meet new people with similar interests and to show your cars. Counting on making this years event bigger and better than the last one.
Let's hear back with some suggestions for the above-mentioned dates for our event.
Thanks FCBO.

I hope everyone that made it last year can make the meet in 2018.
For all the FCBO members who couldn't join us, and to all the new members who have joined FCBO since last year, this is a good opportunity to meet new people with similar interests and to show your cars. Counting on making this years event bigger and better than the last one.
Let's hear back with some suggestions for the above-mentioned dates for our event.
Thanks FCBO.
The dates for June 9, 16, 23 are good for me. Warm temps are better to cruise w/ the top down. with Sixpkrt in charge this is a is a event not to be missed. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip up an the new friends made last year.

June 23rd probably best for me. Bit of a drive, but do-able. Would love to meet some of this crew!

Too far for me after driving cross country and back for three weeks with the family
Not sure how you can disagree with that ..... Driving for 3 weeks for vacation around the same time as this event. I can't do this one too , though I'd love to. I guess the best I can do is wave as I haul through Iowa

The Iowa VPW Dodge Power Wagon rally is June 3-10. We’re quite likely to be there. So, later in June would work best for us.

On second thought, June 9th could work out if we left Iowa Friday night. The big Iowa cherry-smoked pork chop dinner, on Friday evening, is pretty sweeeet!

- dad

Last edited:
Not sure how you can disagree with that ..... Driving for 3 weeks for vacation around the same time as this event. I can't do this one too , though I'd love to. I guess the best I can do is wave as I haul through Iowa

Just bustin yer balls, Dave.

You're the X king round here, figured I give back :p

Update: Been talking with Volo Auto Museum about securing a date for our event. The previously suggested date of June 23rd in recent responses to this thread, (thanks to those that responded) is the date I have requested with the museum for the 2nd annual FCBO Meet. Just waiting for their confirmation at this time.

I have asked them to reserve an area for 20 cars, but if the event turn out to be larger, they can accommodate additional space with some advanced notice.
FYI: For those that plan on coming from out of state that are interested in lodging/camping in the area, the museum website lists close-by locations to be considered. Volo Auto Museum

Still working out the details on the food, but there should be something for anybody's taste. ( a head count will be needed by the caterer as the event date draws nearer )

Final note, as it may be asked: There is no cost to participate in the FCBO meet. However, if you want to tour the museum, they charge small admission fee.
A per person admission discount to the museum should apply as it did last year for FCBO event members.
Thanks FCBO!

Back