300 L First ride...

For right now I'm going to go with the original wheel covers. When money permits I'm going with magnum's with red strip tires

Glad to see you have it on the road now. Thanks for sharing and keeping us posted with your progress.

I haven't forgot the story. This is still my 10 on a car **** level. Red head with a 4-speed.

IMG_1588.JPG

If I was so lucky to have this car and some extra cash I would have one set of stock factory correct wheels and tires and another set being the torque thrusts.

Either will work depending the look of the machine you want
Does your 71 still have the original tail pipe on it? I'm getting an exhaust system made for the 300 next week and I would like to find a picture of a tailpipe end so they can duplicate it. I found a few nos tailpipes online that I have pictures of but it would be better if I could find one on a car that I could get a good side shot of.

Does your 71 still have the original tail pipe on it? I'm getting an exhaust system made for the 300 next week and I would like to find a picture of a tailpipe end so they can duplicate it. I found a few nos tailpipes online that I have pictures of but it would be better if I could find one on a car that I could get a good side shot of.

Exhaust pipes should be concealed under the car/bumper and not visible.

IMG_9193_zps1f742b55.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

Rear1a-1.jpg

Exhaust pipes should be concealed under the car/bumper and not visible.

View attachment 126131

View attachment 126132

View attachment 126133
Yes, I need a good picture of the little hump at the end of the tail pipe. My exhaust is completely original (lot's of holes) but the ends of the tail pipes were cut off because of the trailer hitch that was on it. I have a few nos pictures but nothing to show what it looks like on the car. I know how it's to look but the guy that will be making the exhaust doesn't. I did save your first picture to show him. Beautiful car...

Last edited:
All three of mine though original have a replaced tailpipe. An exhaust is the first thing to go on a car that's been sitting. A car with high miles is more likely to have original pipes

Saw this on Facebook today. Excellent!

Where are the wheel covers? You're driving around with your nuts showing - that's indecent exposure!
I did a few more thing's to the car and took her back out for another road test,
IMG_6678.JPG
IMG_6679.JPG
IMG_6681.JPG
but first I cleaned up the hub caps and reinstalled them.

You are right...Sorry for such bad grammar. I will go stand in the corner and wash my mouth out with soap. LOL...

Back